What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,874 Championing
    @janer1967 I know sorry @Libby_Scope sorry 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds thank you for your support I mentioned it on this thread because alot of food people eat I cant so was hopeing to see if there were others with same problem to see if any of there food would be ok at the moment I depend on my Forti sip drinks to keep me going 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,405 Championing
    Why apologise Lisa or Jane? This is a thread about what we eat. I don't usually comment as I have lunch, rather than tea, but you're all talking about the food you eat. I don't think it's breaching any of Scope's rules to talk about problems you have.
    Has anyone reported any posts in this thread? I think the answer would be a resounding, 'No.' So in what way is it wrong? We are sometimes advised not to go off topic, but I think it's more when some threads really are unrelated.
    I can't see that anyone has done anything wrong IMHO, you're just discussing similar problems, & trying to help each other, as am I.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thank you @chiarieds
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    @chiarieds I don't think it's off topic either but the comment about starting a new thread and keeping this to what we have had for tea clearly indicates to me that someone has an issue 
  • chiarieds
    Can only consider that a member of the Scope team has, in my opinion, an issue. No community guidelines have been breached, so what's wrong?
    This sort of 'moderation' is totally unhelpful, & I'm sorry for Libby's response. Whilst a new thread 'might' be useful, there's nothing wrong here, is all I'd like to say. To me all comments were relevant, & I'll support all affected members about this.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,081 Championing
    edited February 2022
    Just to pop on lol, it wasn't me.  I find lately if I eat carbs my stomache get noisy  :o
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 what is cards sorry just asking 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,081 Championing
    Carbs sorry
  • janer1967
    Don't get me started about moderation could be here all night 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Something I don't want to go back on @janer1967 scared now 
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 I have never been on moderation I was meaning more about reviewing posts and reporting posts 

But I won't go off topic as I said I would be here all night and no doubt what I have said will get me in trouble 
  • chiarieds
    Don't be, you've done absolutely nothing wrong here Lisa. Hmmm think I could be here all night about moderation too, Jane. When it's right, it is, & can be be incredibly helpful, when it's wrong, such as here; it's so wrong.
  • chiarieds
    You can't be put on moderation/get into trouble unless you've breached/considered to have breached the community's guidelines. No one has gone off topic, so won't be in trouble.
    This conversation remained on topic as far as I could see. To me, all people's viewpoints are helpful/equal, & it's important to note (again) that everyone was trying to help each other in this thread. How the Scope team could take issue with this would be beyond me.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds thank you I did say something along the lines that what works for one may not work for another and opening another thread about food  I don't think will be helpful and I don't want scope to close sandys thread down its been going a whilst I will just look abd see what foods come up I havent tried 
  • chiarieds
    You said nothing controversial, Lisa. And, no, there's no reason to have this thread closed; it's important to a lot of people, so should remain.
  • JanetMor
    JanetMor Community member Posts: 74 Contributor
    I agree with Chariad, Lisa.

Tonight we are having kedgeree
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,247 Empowering
    Hi @chiarieds, @janer1967, and @lisathomas50

I would just like to reassure you that no one here has breached the community house rules and my comment about making a new thread about IBS and it's management strategies was just a suggestion and not a direct instruction.

I suggested making a new thread/discussion as it could be considered more accessible for our new and former online members to read and search for information about IBS on the online community. If you would prefer, you can still continue your conversation about IBS on this thread freely - I would also like to reassure you that this thread will not be closed :) 

If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please contact us directly via email at community@scope.org.uk. 

Libby
  • janer1967
    @Libby_Scope thanks for your explanation I understand your rationale behind the comment it was in my view a poor choice of wording when you said about keeping the thread to the subject of what members are having for tea 

The suggestion of a new thread about ibs is a good idea but it was the way it was put across that we took objection to 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,247 Empowering
    Hi @janer1967

Thank you for your comment and I understand your point and respect it. I should have clarified my point further as I think that would have been helpful in this situation :)

On that note, what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm having spag bol and can't wait.