What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Left over risotto and salad 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,052 Championing
    Went out on the carbs today and had fish n chips from chippy, it was about 5pm and hadn't eaten since breakfast and out most the day, so chippy it was
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    half a steak cheese burger with salad on half a ciabatta roll - cats will get the rest of the meat!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    All of you continue to make me feel very hungry once again! All your teas sound delicious. Last night I had mini kebabs, potato and salad  :)
  • janer1967
    Going to have fried bread with eggs and tomatoes just fancy some fried bread for a change 

You never seem to get it anymore if you go out for breakfast suppose its not a healthy choice 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 484 Empowering
    @L_Volunteer that sounds so good !
    @janer1967 I think suppers like your are sometimes the most delicious. I'm sure we must be allowed a few treats occasionally.  :)
  • Sandy_123
    I've not seen fried bread on any menu out. I do it accasionally not often enjoy
  • janer1967
    I enjoyed my fried bread and eggs and tomatoes simple but it was really yummy def be on the menu again 

I think some of the greasy spoon trucker cafe still do fried bread will have to find one 
  • Geegeenumber1

They do fried bread on the morrisons breakfast in their café but most people swop it for toast,. We have loads of cafes in London that do fried bread but unfortunately the rest of the breakfast is usually not very good

I make my own in the deep fat fryer absolutely delicious but don’t like to think how unhealthy it is!

Definitely good for occasional treat though - i used to eat it with baked beans instead of toast when I was little delicious

Didn’t have any dinner last night just some chocolate croissant and loads of cider!

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Sausage, Mash and Peas.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    I'm not sure what I'll have tonight yet, but I had a tasty veggie lasagne last night :) My partner and I also made some (partially) homemade chocolates yesterday, so I imagine I'll be having some of those afterwards.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    areyou a vegetarian @Tori_Scope? Although I prefer veggie lasagne to meat anyway 
  • Tori_Scope
    More of a flexitarian @Biblioklept :) I've tried to cut down on meat, but I'd be lying if I said I never ate it. I usually prefer the vegetarian alternatives to things! Are you a vegetarian? 
  • Sandy_123
    I'm going to do cheese burgers again. 🍔 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    More of a flexitarian @Biblioklept :) I've tried to cut down on meat, but I'd be lying if I said I never ate it. I usually prefer the vegetarian alternatives to things! Are you a vegetarian? 
    No but I don't eat a lot of meat as I find it hard to cook so eat mostly vegetarian because of that. I wouldn't turn it down if someone else ocoked though! I haven't heard of flexitarian before.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Hope your okay @Teddybear12 xx
  • Tori_Scope
    I think it's a relatively new term @Biblioklept :) It basically means a flexible vegetarian. At least that's my understanding of it! You're right that veggie food is often easier to cook. I find it less stressful for sure, as I don't have to worry so much about cooking everything perfectly or being as careful during the preparation.

I hope you feel better soon @Teddybear12 :)
  • janer1967
    Homemade lasagne and a piece of cake after with cup of tea 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Ended up with KFC last night.

Today we have a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings.
  • Geegeenumber1
    cooking mum a roast chicken and all the trimmings later on - going for  a massage at 11 cant wait but hope can find somewhere to park, get anxious about parking, last night had half a ready meal fish pie ffrom the co op but didnt taste very fresh, prefer to make my own, and much cheaper!