Cost of Living Payment - useful information - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of Living Payment - useful information

Options

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Middleton, it will be paid between 20 September and beginning of October 2022 :)

You can read more on this thread: Disability Cost of Living Payment if that's helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 137 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @Middleton, it will be paid between 20 September and beginning of October 2022 :)

You can read more on this thread: Disability Cost of Living Payment if that's helpful.
    Many thanks
  • Middleton
    Options

Many thanks
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @hassHi. I wish I could help but this is not an area of my expertise, unfortunately. I am hoping someone with more knowledge and experience in this area can respond to you soon. In the meantime, I wanted to respond to let you know we hear you and are here for you  <3

@Middleton - You are welcome. It is the very least you deserve. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you  :)  
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ada said:
    Hello. I am so confused. I can’t help it I struggle mentally. I have no idea if I will get help or not. I am on esa special support group? And on pre payment meters. 

There's no such thing as "Special" Support Group. It's just ESA Support Group. If your ESA is Income Related then you should have received the first payment of £326 in July. The 2nd payment of £324 is sometime this Autumn but no dates have been confirmed yet.
    If your ESA is Contributions based or New style ESA then you won't be entitled to the £650. If your ESA is more than £117.60/week (£235.20 fortnight) then you will be claiming Income Related and will be entitled to the payments.
    If you claim a disability benefit such as PIP or DLA then you will be entitled to £150 paid anytime from now to end of September.
    For your energy you will either receive a voucher of £66/month between Oct-Dec and £67/month between Jan - March or your electric prepayment meter will be credited with the money.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You've got nothing to be sorry for. I only corrected it because i didn't want any members questioning what exactly that was. I'm sorry if you thought i was being rude towards you, it wasn't meant that way.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Middleton
    Options
    Still haven't received the £150 payment...but received my usual PIP (every 4th Thursday) today!... maybe it will be in next week.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Middleton said:
    Still haven't received the £150 payment...but received my usual PIP (every 4th Thursday) today!... maybe it will be in next week.

I don't think anyone has received it yet. It can be anytime up until about the end of the month. It will be paid separately to your PIP payments.
  • Fae
    Fae Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    My UC was reduced to zero during this as 2 wages fell into an assessment period. I reported not receiving the cost of living payment and have since received it. I hope that helps anyone else in the same situation. 
  • Middleton
    Options
    Middleton said:

I don't think anyone has received it yet. It can be anytime up until about the end of the month. It will be paid separately to your PIP payments.
    I thought it was just me , was beginning to feel victimised ...(Joke!!) ..

Seriously though, i figured it would be paid in sometime between 20th and beginning of Oct . So will be patient on this one .👍
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    Options
    Middleton said:
    Middleton said:

I thought it was just me , was beginning to feel victimised ...(Joke!!) ..

Seriously though, i figured it would be paid in sometime between 20th and beginning of Oct . So will be patient on this one .👍
    Yeah, it ain't like the COL in July where, everyone either received it early or knew someone that did. Patience is definitely the key.
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Options
    Hi   all some kind person sent me a link for pip descriptors 
    I can't find the link 
    Can that kind person please  resend it  I dint have enough data
    My consultation is tomorrow 
    Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    Options
    There is an article on Money saving expert. Nobody received the payment it will be next week.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hass said:
    I can't find the link 
    Many thanks
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hass said:
    I can't find the link 
    Many thanks

If you lose it again, you can just google "PIP descriptors" and you will see them.
  • hass
    Options
    Hi  thank  you very much.

I'm doing my preparation  for pip consulation tomorrow  @11.30.

I've no idea what I'm doing i have the report from pip
    With the scores. 
     My mental health has worsen and my copd my GP is referring  me  back to hospital 
    All my other  appointments  have  been cancelled  due to C 19
    I so doc today  he said there's no such thing as long corvid.
    He's not my GP i see  normally. 

Ive had a copd review with nurse  on  Tuesday   i said that I can't walk 100 metres  without stopping this was written in report in 2018.
    I  don't want to mess up.
    Its come at a bad time my friends  sister died last night.
    I can't control my emotions. 

• hass
    Options
     Apologies  i forgot I just read

pip letter the reason  I'm being reassessed  is because my mail was returned  back to pip.

This means that it is my venomous neighbours doing this
    What can I do im highly stressed 
    This can't carry on 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hass said:

reason  I'm being reassessed  is because my mail was returned  back to pip.

Can i ask what you mean by this please?
  • hass
    Options
     Pip wrote to me apparently  for a renewal  form .
    The letter was returned back to them 

• hass
    Options
    I was supposed  to be reassed in 2023  due to corvid  
    Clearly this  isn't the case now

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.