Cost of Living Payment - useful information - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of Living Payment - useful information

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hass said:
    I was supposed  to be reassed in 2023  due to corvid  
    Clearly this  isn't the case now

If your award was extended due to Covid then it's correct for you to be reviewed around 6 months before your original award was due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Options
    My reassessment  was in dec 2022 I think.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying that for us @hass. How are you feeling about things at the moment?

We are here for you if you would like to share more with us. Hopefully, we can help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kittykat55
    kittykat55 Scope Member Posts: 25 Courageous
    Options
    I got my disability COL today so you should get yours soon
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ada said:
    Anyone any closer to knowing when we may get col payment. Or is it still just Autumn sometime. 
    If you’re asking about the £324 there’s no further information yet other than sometime this Autumn. 
    The £150 payment that some are receiving this week only applies to those that are in receipt of a disability benefit such as PIP/DLA or AA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hass
    Options
    Morning all.

Does anyone know when the cost of  living £324 will be coming. 

Can't find any information  on it 

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @hass Keep an eye on this link:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

Nothing has changed yet though, it still says Autumn.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hass said:
    Does anyone know when the cost of  living £324 will be coming. 
    Nobody knows because the government haven't announced it yet.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • hass
    Options
  • hass
    Options
    Same here i have bronchitis  
     Being treated with penicillian. 
    Having high ceilings and huge windows doesn't help 

• happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options
    I received the first energy payment but not received the second one
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I received the first energy payment but not received the second one
    Energy payment? Or do you mean the 2nd CoL payment of £324? If so then no one has received it yet because there’s no dates given yet, other than sometime this Autumn.
    The energy payments start this month, which will be £66 onto your energy account until December. Then £67/month from Jan to March. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    poppy123456 said:..will be £66 onto your energy account until December. Then £67/month from Jan to March. 
    Should be 2 payments of 66 and 4 payments of 67.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ada said:
    I hope it’s coming soon. We’re putting £100 on each of our meters this month. It won’t last. I already have reduced the cost of our meals or day. Mine to just £1 a day hubby to £3 a day. I’m diabetic. Seeing what some folk eat on here makes me feel hungry. 
    I just posted a new thread with details of the £324 coming next month. See thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/96615/2nd-col-payment-details-announced#latest
  • philtoy
    philtoy Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    From the horses mouth
  • Padraig
    Padraig Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    Any idea who qualifies please?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Padraig said:
    Any idea who qualifies please?

Details in this thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/96615/2nd-col-payment-details-announced#latest

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pam said:
    I hope it’s coming soon. We’re putting £100 on each of our meters this month. It won’t last. I already have reduced the cost of our meals or day. Mine to just £1 a day hubby to £3 a day. I’m diabetic. Seeing what some folk eat on here makes me feel hungry. 
    Oh @Pam that's so hard, £1 a day is not a lot for food. Is there no way you could do £2 each or even just £2.50 and £1.50 budget? 
  • Hannah86
    Hannah86 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pam, this week your meter should be credited with £66 from your energy provider. I looked this up online today after worrying and checking my meter to see if it had been credited yet, “the first week of each month” is stated clearly though so should be the next few days! I have a smart meter and it will be applied automatically.

“ Smart prepayment meter customers will see the discount credited directly to their smart prepayment meters in the first week of each month. However, traditional prepayment meter customers will be provided with redeemable vouchers or Special Action Messages (SAMs) in the first week of each month, issued via SMS text, email or post - customers will need to take action to redeem these at their usual top-up point. 

The guidance states that traditional prepayment meter customers must ensure their supplier holds up-to-date contact details for them so they can receive their voucher and understand how to redeem it.”

I hope this helps a little.x

• rs777
    rs777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for this  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.