COL £150. Has anyone got it? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

COL £150. Has anyone got it?

Options
RD2781
RD2781 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2022 in Cost of living
Just wondered if anyone has received there’s yet. I know it’s from the 20th but I was really hoping I would receive it sooner than later as no food/electric so wondered if anyone actually has yet?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Nope. Nobody has received it yet. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have someone that you can borrow some money from to buy a little food and some electric? If not then this link will tell you what you need to do for a food bank referral. I know they also give vouchers for Gas/electric. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/using-a-food-bank/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @RD2781 You could try the Household Support Fund from your local authority, although it may take a few days to be administered. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @RD2781 :) I hope that it arrives soon!

I'm concerned to hear that you don't have any food or electric at the moment. 

Along with what poppy123456 advised regarding food banks, you might find it helpful to read our page on getting free and cheap food.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Baseman
    Baseman Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    I haven't received it either. On another website, It stated that because of the State funeral, there are delays.  Anyone getting paid on Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st (today) will get paid through the day and not the usual time after 12 am. That includes the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment. It also had a poll asking whose received it yet. As of now, only 1.4% have received it, 88% haven't, and the rest don't know if they are entitled.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bg844 said:
    @RD2781 You could try the Household Support Fund from your local authority, although it may take a few days to be administered. 

This comes to an end on 30th September so they may not have any funding left at this late stage. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/household-support-fund-guidance-for-local-councils/household-support-fund-final-guidance-for-county-councils-and-unitary-authorities-in-england

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Baseman said:
    I haven't received it either. On another website, It stated that because of the State funeral, there are delays.  Anyone getting paid on Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st (today) will get paid through the day and not the usual time after 12 am. That includes the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment. It also had a poll asking whose received it yet. As of now, only 1.4% have received it, 88% haven't, and the rest don't know if they are entitled.
    I don't think people will receive it today. The bank holiday has caused such disarray with payments. It will probably be next week. There is lots of misinformation online about this Disability Payment. The only reason people been getting paid later in the day is because of manual payments(Faster Payments). They have to pay ESA and PIP on the same day or people would suffer. This doesn't apply to the DP, they can wait a few days, I suspect the DP will be a BACS payment, it would be paid like a normal payment usually after midnight. So it likely to be an extremely delayed normal payment.  They may not of even started payments yet. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DWP are not responsible for administering the CoL payments, the Government are.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I never said DWP I just said DP short for Disability Payment. My point remains some people think they gonna get it later today because of the late payments people have been getting. I was just trying to explain why that was unlikely.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The official date was from 20th September so they did have time to plan on when they was going to send these payments. I’d like to imagine some of these payments have been released yesterday/today and should be processed for tomorrow or Friday but only one can hope, even with the BH it should of been a separate team working on them.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I never said DWP I just said DP short for Disability Payment. My point remains some people think they gonna get it later today because of the late payments people have been getting. I was just trying to explain why that was unlikely.

I never said you did, which is why i didn't quote you, i'm sorry you thought differently.  I was just pointing out who makes the payments. I totally agree with you that it's very unlikely anyone would receive the £150 during the day.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2022
    Options

I never said you did, which is why i didn't quote you, i'm sorry you thought differently.  I was just pointing out who makes the payments. I totally agree with you that it's very unlikely anyone would receive the £150 during the day.
    Sorry I thought your comment was aimed at me. I misread, I apologize. I double agree definitely not likely to pay during the day. Why would they? Not a "priority" payment.
  • Xtiano_sickboy
    Xtiano_sickboy Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    I've not received it as of yet. Its Wed 530pm so will be checking my bank after midnight. I heard the Mod claimants will get theirs first then pip/dla etc.
    Fingers crossed its on tonight 
  • schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi
    @Xtiano_sickboy

I read on the Internet...

Payments will be made to people who get a qualifying disability from DWP before those who get it from the MoD.

Who is eligible for the £150 disability payment?

People on disability benefits may be eligible for a £150 cost of living payment if they receive any of the following:

• Attendance allowance
    • Constant attendance allowance
    • Disability living allowance for adults
    • Disability living allowance for children
    • Personal independence payment (PIP)
    • Adult disability payment (in Scotland)
    • Child disability payment (in Scotland)
    • Armed Forces independence payment
    • War pension mobility supplement

You must have received a payment of one of these qualifying benefits for 25 May, 2022.

If you get a qualifying disability benefit from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and a qualifying disability benefit from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you will only receive a payment from DWP.

When will I get the payment?

The grant will begin being paid automatically from Tuesday 20 September. You do not need to apply.

DWP said the vast majority of those eligible are “expected to receive their one-off payment within a couple of weeks by the beginning of October”

Hope this helps.

Regards, Schoolmum.

• Xtiano_sickboy
    Options
    Yes thanks for that. Heard conflicting info from different sources tbh so goodness know?
    I'll be sure to let everyone know when it's received anyhow. Thanks for the reply 😊👍
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've not received it as of yet. Its Wed 530pm so will be checking my bank after midnight. I heard the Mod claimants will get theirs first then pip/dla etc.
    Fingers crossed its on tonight 
    DWP actually get it first.  Because of all the chaos with the Queen's passing, and processing of payments. I suspect most people will be waiting till next week. Try not to rely on a payment tomorrow.
  • Xtiano_sickboy
    Options
    Hopeful thinking at best most probably. Doubt it wil be in tonight and you're probably to jt that it'll be next week. I wonder if it's done alphabetically? 
  • RD2781
    RD2781 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Nothing has gone in and I did think it was unlikely to be an afternoon payment. Fingers crossed it turns up by the weekend. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hopeful thinking at best most probably. Doubt it wil be in tonight and you're probably to jt that it'll be next week. I wonder if it's done alphabetically? 
    Did you get the first COL in July?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    RD2781 said:
    Thanks for the replies. Nothing has gone in and I did think it was unlikely to be an afternoon payment. Fingers crossed it turns up by the weekend. 
    My gut says next week for most. Could be wrong though.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.