If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

COL £150. Has anyone got it?

Options

Comments

• BOOKIE68
    BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I have been receiving pip for many years now (dla) previously, high rate for both, so I'm hoping I'm eligible! 🙈 fingers crossed not too much longer to wait X
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How can u see it profit tomoyI’m with nationwide I cannot see
    Not all banks allow you to see pending payments. Mine doesn’t.

Natwest allow Monday payments to be withdrawable on the Saturday which is handy

Not any more they don't, they haven't done this for many years. I bank with them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    samhain said:
    My housemate and myself both received ours today. Not sure if the alphabetical order applies (as some claim it too) as he is a H and I am an M

That's not how they pay it. The first letter of my surname is between those 2 and i haven't got mine yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    philtoy said:

This may give you some hope. I practically gave up but it arrived in my account just after midnight. I'm very confident that for the rest of you guys (providing you're eligible) will get the £150 by Friday. And I'm on basic pip for daily living, not mobility (don't think it matters)
    good luck, it won't be much longer x
    No where has it been said by anyone including the government and the DWP that the money was scheduled to be paid out on the 20th September
    What was said was that AS FROM the 20th September payments will be made.
    The DWP has already clarified that they have had technical issues and that the payments will be paid by the start of October.
    I just can't see what the problem is. 
    I
  • BOOKIE68
    Options
    The problem is that people are desperate, due to the cost of living crisis we are all finding life extremely difficult right now, the payment of £150 is going to be an absolute lifeline for some , it's the most hardest thing to ever read when someone can't even afford food , that they haven't eaten properly for a few days, they are so cold but can't afford to turn on their heating, it's a really bad situation for some , if I were you I would try to show just a little bit of compassion! That's what the problem is! 
  • philtoy
    philtoy Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Well said BOOKIE68
  • philtoy
    Options
    What seems like a waste of a phone call or just cluttering up the DWP phone lines may actually be a total lifeline for others. People need reassurance during times like this and even more son when the dwp info is as sketchy as it has been. Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself sain and as less anxious as you can be. Just because one person can wait it out and be happy whenever the money lands in their accounts, doesn't mean other people can. Don't let anyone dictate to you when it's ok to call the DWP or.any other agency for that matter, feel you need to? Then do.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    philtoy said:
    The maybe the problem is that you are a bit of a plonker. There's always one like you that comes out with a message like that. Condescending and really snotty. Why write like that? You don't tell people off on my watch. When you finally get a life, enjoy it and be nice during obvious times of distress. That'll be all
    He wasn`t being snotty or condescending.  He was, however, stating a fact and one that`s been stated many times in many threads of late. "That`ll be all".

• poppy123456
    Options
    With all due respect, no one can tell anyone when they will receive it because it’s beyond anyone’s control. We can only advise when it’s due to be paid from. 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd agree that people's anxiety is understandable. It's a really difficult time for lots of people at the moment, and uncertainty around payment dates can certainly add to the stress. 

I can also sense some members' frustrations around the number of posts that we've had around this subject. That being said, I'm sure many of us can relate to wanting to be reassured when feeling worried about something, and in wanting to know that we have correct, up-to-date information.

We'd like this thread to continue, so please ensure that all further comments are civil, safe, and supportive. 

It does seem as though some people have been receiving their payments this week, which is good to hear. Has anyone else received theirs? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • BOOKIE68
    Options
    No nothing for me as yet 🙈😪 hopefully not much longer 
  • philtoy
    Options
    Oh god, don't ask lol 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    I know 3 people personally who have received theirs today but I’m still waiting for it to appear. So it’s definitely been paid out now. I’m lucky not to be relying on it coming. But I understand people will be feeling anxious about when it will land or if they are unlucky to be missed. I still feel they need to put more support in place for the disabled this winter. £150 does not go far with the increasing cost of heating and food. Worse for those of with mobility issues who spend more time at home. 
  • philtoy
    Options

This is what most sites are now saying about the second cost of living payment (the £324). So my guess is for those eligible it should be in your account either tomorrow, thurs or Friday. Fingers crossed ey? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    philtoy said:

This is what most sites are now saying about the second cost of living payment (the £324). So my guess is for those eligible it should be in your account either tomorrow, thurs or Friday. Fingers crossed ey? 
    That is not correct. It’s been reported in newspapers that payment is by 1st October but it’s incorrect. There’s not been any official dates or criteria announced as yet other than sometime this Autumn.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can’t possibly pay the second CoL by 1st October, they haven’t even announced the qualifying date yet. 
    However the regulations do require that the qualifying date must be not later than 31st October. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • CharlieRose256
    CharlieRose256 Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
    edited September 2022
    Options

Just so people don’t get to excited just yet about the 2nd COL payment - the DWP haven’t given a date yet, and they are the only ones to get reliable information from around COL, since it’s linked directly to them.
    They/them/she/her pronouns please.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,802 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We received one of our £150 COL today, sm got hers, her N.I number starts with and N mine a W, perhaps its based on that who knows or cares.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.