Hi, my name is coffeetable! 0 points awarded on my PA4 form - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is coffeetable! 0 points awarded on my PA4 form

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A letter from your GP isn’t the best evidence to send because they don’t spend any time with you. They don’t see you prepare a meal, wash, dress/undress etc etc. They may also charge you for the letter. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • coffeetable
    coffeetable Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    So what should I do now. I really can't argue this with the CAB volunteer. I got to do something.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don't have to do anything they tell you to. If you have to pay for the letter is the advisor going to pay? Of course, it's entirely up to you what you want to do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • coffeetable
    Options
    I understand what you are trying to say. Normally what Documents do i need for tribunal. I don't mind paying for GP letter if that going to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Medical evidence isn't really needed for a successful PIP award. Paying for a letter that doesn't carry much weight doesn't really make much sense. As i advised, they don't spend anytime with you to know how your conditions affect you. If they know it's because you've told them.

Anecdotal evidence is what i advise. A couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Thank you. I gave anecdotal evidence in both initial and MR Application but got zero points. I thought getting help from external source may help and also was advised by one of the senior member to get CAB help.

I felt my style of preparing or applying PIP is wrong and getting help from CAB would do much better than me. The lady who called me yesterday said she has seen and dealt number of PIP Tribunal cases. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It’s good you have help but I disagree that a letter from a GP would help. You should do what you think is right. 
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Thanks again, Poppy. While on the call with the DABD volunteer, she said if I couldn't get the GP letter not to worry as she would proceed without it. Anyway, I will update you on what I'm going to do in the coming days.
  • coffeetable
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi Poppy, I need support. I spoke to the DABD ( CAB ) rep who will fill out my appeal form and return it to me back with a prepaid envelope after which I should post it by myself to the tribunal, also she wouldn't accompany me at the tribunal hearing. Is this normal? She also mentioned that without a GP letter, it is going to be a limited appeal, she mentioned basic appeal. Is this fine?
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It's not unsual for Citizens Advice not to attend the hearing with you because of lack of funding. They will help with the appeal itself but nothing further.
     She also mentioned that without a GP letter, it is going to be a limited appeal, she mentioned basic appeal. Is this fine?
    No idea what she means by "limited appeal" as i advised a few times, you do not need a letter from your GP because they don't know anything about how your conditions affect you. This will not affect your appeal.

To be honest with that sort of advice i don't think i'd want her to be with me during my hearing anyway.
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Yes, you advised me quite a few times about the GP letter and changing the Representative. I didn't ignore your advice, without your and other members' help from this forum, it would be hard to proceed. I have stopped requesting GP letters and started looking for help from other sources. The problem is most of the charities are very busy at this time period and reaching out for help has become a pain. Only CAB could able to help me but they are limited as I mentioned in my above message.

The point is, when it comes to descriptor washing and bathing and going to shops alone, DWP said on my initial video interview most of the days I work ( 20 hours, 4 hours each day) so I wouldn't qualify for any points. How can I prove that I pass my days in pain at work and although I get anxious when I travel alone I have to travel alone because I have no one to accompany me as my wife works full-time? I recently saw a video on youtube ( a link provided by a member of this forum) of a mock tribunal interview. In that video, the panel is asking the claimant if they can work for most of the days, then why can't they wash and need someone's help? Say in my case the work I do doesn't have twists and turns and sudden movement, but washing has those activities. is this enough or what to say.  ?
  • coffeetable
    Options
    It's not unsual for Citizens Advice not to attend the hearing with you because of lack of funding. They will help with the appeal itself but nothing further.
     She also mentioned that without a GP letter, it is going to be a limited appeal, she mentioned basic appeal. Is this fine?
    No idea what she means by "limited appeal" as i advised a few times, you do not need a letter from your GP because they don't know anything about how your conditions affect you. This will not affect your appeal.

To be honest with that sort of advice i don't think i'd want her to be with me during my hearing anyway.
    Hi Poppy, Im given march 25th 2024 hearing date. How to prepare?
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Can someone help me to prepare for the tribunal hearing please.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you have any extra evidence that you need to send? If so then you should send that to arrive at least a couple of weeks before the hearing. Have you given a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you? If not then you should do that for your submission and then send this to them.

You should have already received the bundle by now so you need to have a read through that to make sure everything is there. You must also make sure you have that with you during the hearing. 

Do you have someone to be with you during the hearing?
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @coffeetable Good luck for your tribunal hearing! I see Poppy has given some great advice :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Do you have any extra evidence that you need to send? If so then you should send that to arrive at least a couple of weeks before the hearing. Have you given a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you? If not then you should do that for your submission and then send this to them.

You should have already received the bundle by now so you need to have a read through that to make sure everything is there. You must also make sure you have that with you during the hearing. 

Do you have someone to be with you during the hearing?
    Thanks for your advice Poppy. 

1) I don't have any extra evidence to send, just the pain killer prescription to provide( I have only the same year old X-Ray report, audiology report which I have already sent to DWP at the initial stage).

2) I did gave real world examples for each description at the DWP interview and and I will give more at the tribunal.

3) I have received DWP bundle which I will take along with them after reading through.

4)My wife accompany me for the interview, she is the one who helps me in and out of bath and toilet, supervises me when I perform exercise and help pick and drop child at school and carry grocery bags.

5) My GP said he would not support me in any form because he believes perhaps doubts that the osteoarthritis is not severe at this age of 47 and he thinks i'm lying. I think he is an idiot. But he uploaded denying document online patient database. If the tribunal gets access to that then I will be in trouble explaining as they believe the GP an not me.

Will they scrutinise me at the hearing like DWP or will be be polite and give time for me to talk and explain my condition and how it affects my life. Do they go according to descriptors and ask me to prove why i need those points?

How will the interview be, how the questions be, can my wife talk on behalf of me?

• poppy123456
    Options
    They rarely access your medical records their self. If they want more evidence they will specifically ask for it. 

Unless your wife is your appointee then she will not be able to speak on your behalf. As you are the claimant then you will be expected to speak for yourself because you are the only person that knows exactly how your conditions affect you. They may ask your wife if there’s anything she would like to ask at the end.

You will be given the chance to speak and they will listen to you. A Tribunal is totally impartial and independent to DWP. 
  • coffeetable
    Options
    Thank you Poppy.
  • coffeetable
    Options
    To everyone, sadly my tribunal refused. Awarded only 6 points in daily living and 4 for mobility by the tribunal. Now decided to put everything aside and move on with life. Thanks to everyone who supported.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @coffeetable we're here if you need to talk things through.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.