New pip application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip application

boriswho
boriswho Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This is how I should have filled my last application for moving around criteria

What rate should I get 0 point or lower rate or higher.?
What do you think do you think my recent tribunal loss was incorrect?
Based on the new application details which should have been put in my 1St application.
Thanks for your time

How do you think this should impact universal credit lcw on moving around criteria as my problems don't change unlike the application process.
Citizens advice have told me that I'm not entitled after tribunal loss however I don't think they understand the gravity of this situation on my health.

*images removed from post by moderator at member's request

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    To answer your question, I recommend getting advice. Use this link to type up a letter to appeal- https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool/thank-you
  • boriswho
    edited August 2019
    Try again

*image removed by moderator at Member's request
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have a social worker or not? 
  • boriswho
    Sorry this is my new application after tribunal denial
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, i'm confused, you mention LCW but this is a PIP2 form? PIP and LCW are different benefits with different criteria.

I'd definitely advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. No one on an internet forum can advise you on this because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you.

This link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @boriswho - your conditions seems to be very variable, and you would need to show what happens on the majority of days.

Personally I wouldn't include phrases like  "sometimes pain is exacerbated" and "occasionally causes dizziness" because they don't apply to the majority of the time and they may be not taken into account by the assessor.

Good luck anyway - you should be commended for keeping mobile (it's very difficult I know)
  • poppy123456
    One thing to point out is you mention you walk less than 200 metres per day. Be careful how you word things because this could be seen as you have no problems walking this far. What maybe better is telling them how far you can walk without pain, discomfort, breathlessness or fatigue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    @Username_removed wow awesome, best advice i've seen in a very long time!
  • cristobal
    @Username_removed - I agree with poppy...it's a bit on the long side but good advice nevertheless...
  • boriswho
    I did attend tribunal @Username_removed I thought because I can walk into a tribunal that this was part of the reason for denial.

When you say recent issues?? How recent last 12 months good enough?
     I have variations in severity the last major problem was with my lower back in january I attended hospital I drove there I walked to the a&e entrance about 200 meters took a long time.
    I saw someone they just wrote a script for 30mg codeine and sent me away.
    So I've continued this way since with pain relief at home stuck in the house all the time can't go out never got nowt to go anywhere or do anything. 

Ive stopped doing do much since then don't want that pain back, but have had many mini scares with the knees that gives, I don't fall but I'm not far off.  I struggle to walk temporarily. I think it's the cartlidge getting caught in the joint as it has rips and tears and feels like it rips or tears everytime a knee cracks catches or gives I have to sit down this makes my long term issues with my back flare.
    I really do need to keep active but lack motivation and energy.

These issues are most definitely exacerbated by the gives and catches with the knees & ankle forcing me to sit, my lower back issue is however another matter.

My partner has witnessed my be haulted in my tracks many times by a knee or ankle issue I find the best option is to try to keep moving it will right itself hopefully....quickly.
    I usually carry on by using the shopping trolley or a pram as an aid I suppose until I get back to the car to return home to recover.

As for the heel pain I don't stand long periods but from employment history in 2016/2017 this used to become apparent after being on my feet between 1 to 4 hours (estimated)without a break, now it's apparent when stood for 5/10 mins and get worse the longer I try to stay on my feet (was thinking about trying to stand at my assessment to show this but you can't see it)

Citizens advice has tried to help with a written submission but I don't think they had the time to be thorough.

I'm not so good at writing story's in this past tense view  especially about myself how can I possibly paint a picture for these people for them to understand or understand without this financial support they are in effect making my conditions worse...

• cristobal
    cristobal said:
    @Username_removed - I agree with poppy...it's a bit on the long side but good advice nevertheless...
    Blimey. What would you prefer? Brevity or an answer to the question? :)
    @Username_removed +++ you didn't spot my tongue, concealed in cheek...
  • boriswho
    Thanks I think the penny has dropped.
    How do I remove the above images of my paperwork.

I've ordered a new form.

I'm going to try to complete it over the next 3 weeks.

I think I may need the link for a diary of symptoms., because I do have a tendency to forget because they're are so many.
    Thanks 

Boristhebag lol 

• cristobal
    edited July 2019
    @boriswho ..I'd recommend an A4 binder, print off the PIP descriptors and keep them in the front, and then a page for every day for a couple of weeks

Don't write War and Peace - just notes like 'walked to end of garden 20yards,, fell over (why?), how you got up, how long you took, how long was it until you were able to walk again etc...

Do this for all of the descriptors that you have difficulty with..

When you apply, as I've said before, don't use vague phrases like 'sometimes', 'occasionally' - say what you mean, taking into account that the assessor needs to know about the majority of the time...

Take your diary with you if you have a F2F...

• boriswho
    It's wor Boris he's gonna save the world ........
    Well maybe not maybe I can do a little better and give my son the upbringing he deserves than the one which he currently has.....not.

I had the same motor as this chap boris Jonson not long ago it had curtains in lol I loved it hahahah Toyota lucida 2.5Ltr td how bad can your grammar be to sway a dm 

I may well get the form right yet 3rd attempt on route feeling slightly positive.
    Hopefully I get a good DM and assessor for that matter.
    Or even better still no assessment.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Username_removed
    Obviously I have been away from the community for a few weeks but I have caught up with the team on this issue. We do moderate some comments so they don't show on the community, this is when the post breaks our community guidelines.

I am aware of one post of yours that was edited to remove certain things and have been told you are aware of this.

If you have any issues with how we moderate the community, then please feel free to email on community@scope.org.uk

Best wishes, Sam 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    boriswho said:
    Thanks I think the penny has dropped.
    How do I remove the above images of my paperwork.

I've ordered a new form.

I'm going to try to complete it over the next 3 weeks.

I think I may need the link for a diary of symptoms., because I do have a tendency to forget because they're are so many.
    Thanks 

Boristhebag lol 

Hi @boriswho I have removed the images from your posts. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • boriswho
    So I've been through one pip examination.
    Any advice for the second?
    Should I make sure they do full examination as oppose to the last half  a shambolic one sitting in a chair and the nurse making it up as she went along she was a pro benefit stopper assumption was her main prerogative(it was her idea to do a half a medical assessment because I was in "pain")

I have either primary or secondary osteoarthritis in a few injured joints. It's variable, aches are the worst sometimes feels like I'm being tortured sometimes pain rises exponentially. I get tinnitus in the ears and feel dizzy from the meds and my neck cracking.
    snap crackle and pop syndrome I call it (I made this one up lol )
    across a range of joints including several or more weight bearing joints that crack under the pressure.

Other times it's like oh my I'd like to forget that I'm so pleased is over.....but it's not it's there malignantly waiting for the next attempt to disable me completely.
    Other times it's like who just shot me in the leg or thumb etc?
    I don't know how to explain it
    I'm 40 
    I'm gonna do a diary I will have several daily instances.
    Do I rate these on a pain scale of a
    1 to 10
    1 being nothing and 10 being I'm going to pass out or  my head explode from the neck ache that grows into almost a ringing noise in the ears 

Is there a diary online one I can download and print off?

• boriswho
    @Username_removed @poppy123456
    Hi guys I've managed to write something I'm thinking of sending to the judge in regards to my 0 point tribunal.
    I want to argue my case a little late but....

This is a story from last year's whilst awaiting my assessments I could probably trace a date with debit card transactions and my partner is my witness.

As I did not complete my form correctly for my application for pip. Or attempt to argue any of my case @ tribunal.
    I would like to add the following to my tribunal case hearing late I understand but distress and confusion and pain issues has left me behind with any issues I have
    I would like the judge to take this into consideration regardless of how the tribunal panels perousal of me was perceived:

Moving around criteria indoors:
    Moving around the home I have issues with knees & ankle giving catching or I stumble causing sharp stabbing like pains, in close proximity areas where lots of turning twisting pivoting are required to move around. Steps and stairs are another matter.
    These movements exacerbate knee & ankle instability luckily I have many things to grasp a hold of tables, chairs walls door handles etc.

Moving around outdoors:
    I do not venture out much if I have no fuel for my car.
    I do not live close to anything the nearest bus stop is 700 meters away from my home or the nearest shop is aldi some 1100 meters away however this is down a woodland cut which is 300 meters away from my home and has at least 5x90degree turns and a gradient upwards of 15 meters. 
    Me and my partner go to adli.
    I get pain as I get up from seated(in my knees and ankles position but don't feel too bad today, on the 1st part of the journey I have to stop as my knees catch and felt like they were are about to buckle mainly on the corners  turning or if I stumble I have a brief moment at a standstill on the 1st corner from my home (which is approximately 20 meters from my front door)my partner is a few meters ahead now I ask her to wait for me and  we continue upwards towards the woodland cut, my knees have gave sharp snapping sounds the left knee feels like it catches at almost every step we walk slowly to try to reduce these unstable feelings and sharp pains.  once at the top of the cut then it's then a fairly straight run downwards with a decline total of 15 meters with most of that drop being in the 1St 3rd of the woodland path which is an uneven gravel pathway.
    Add in my knee pain and ankle pains this walk is too much for me I feel but push on as I've been instructed to keep active from my msk consultant. During the 1st part of the decent I stumble and feel a sharp pain in my right knee  it's got caught or something. It felt like it was giving I have not fell but it has been enough to stop me in my tracks it's a good job my partner is there with my son in his pram I grasp a hold of the pram again and rest for a moment. I have to use the buggy to continue the rest of the journey this helps me to continue we stop a couple more times due to the discomfort felt in my knees and ankle.
    Once arrived at aldi I feel exhausted I'm sweating profusely, but we need some shopping for our tea so I must keep pushing myself. It had taken us approximately 25/30 minutes to arrive at aldi this is a good day as far as I'm concerned an average day would probably taken 30/40 minutes and a bad day I would not be able.
    After completion I'm left to recover for a couple of days and for several days after I'm very tender in the afore mentioned joints. 
    This has activity make me ache very badly later on in the evening preventing getting to sleep so easy leaving very tired.
    I now have two bad days where I'm left to sit long periods this in turn has exacerbated my lower back and neck pain I'm very stiff and have limited range of movement grating and cracking of the neck with a deep ache and sharp pain across my lower back and require physio to aid recovery of these areas this isn't spontaneous it takes time medication physio therapy heat treatments don't ask me how long as just I don't know, I just know I've been like this since I fell off a ladder at work and it got worse within 12 months and has stayed in this cycle since moving around Activity's cause these exacerbating symptoms of osteoarthritis.

Let me know what you think I think this should cover many criteria's....?

• boriswho
    Also I think this one's good for new application for pip I cannot wait any longer for another higher tier tribunal for cash I need money now not in 6 months time or 12 months my partner has had to take on a part time job because we have been so desperate for cash for food etc. This has left me at home with our 3 year old who I just can't manage with the above issues .
  • poppy123456
    Moving around activity doesn't consider inside. It's outside on a level surface. Uneven surfaces and hills are not considered.

You seem to be concentrating on the mobility part alone. What about the daily living activities? There's 10 of them.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.