New pip application - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip application

Comments

• boriswho
    boriswho Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Although there were small bits of evidence that if pointed out would have brought about different questions from the tribunal panel I think
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • boriswho
    I've already done mr for pip and had tribunal I want to fight it because I feel I should be entitled to some sort of payment and want to uncover an error with the tribunal just I don't understand what an error would even look like.

I'm currently doing a new application for pip with a little more knowledge the process 

I'm waiting for a tribunal for uc lcw after another assessment benefit blocker from maximus they're trying very hard to meet they're targets 

I have had a iidb tribunal and the decision was set aside after new evidence came to light after a tribunal which I just emailed in and this set the decision aside-----I'm wondering if I can get something written up which would force the judge to have to set the decision aside and I get a chance to load my gun and go in all gins blazing to another tribunal.

I'm left at home with my three year old son, because my partner has had to take a part time job I'm very worried about my sons safety in regards to my condition possibly affecting him when something happens or I get stuck or something I havnt taught him how to dial 999 yet not that I've needed too call for an ambulance before except for gallstones pain but if he runs on a road or something how am I supposed to get him.
    It's an injustice I feel saddened that I'm unable to work atm because of injury sustained at work....

• April2018mom
    boriswho said:
    I've already done mr for pip and had tribunal I want to fight it because I feel I should be entitled to some sort of payment and want to uncover an error with the tribunal just I don't understand what an error would even look like.

I'm currently doing a new application for pip with a little more knowledge the process 

I'm waiting for a tribunal for uc lcw after another assessment benefit blocker from maximus they're trying very hard to meet they're targets 

I have had a iidb tribunal and the decision was set aside after new evidence came to light after a tribunal which I just emailed in and this set the decision aside-----I'm wondering if I can get something written up which would force the judge to have to set the decision aside and I get a chance to load my gun and go in all gins blazing to another tribunal.

I'm left at home with my three year old son, because my partner has had to take a part time job I'm very worried about my sons safety in regards to my condition possibly affecting him when something happens or I get stuck or something I havnt taught him how to dial 999 yet not that I've needed too call for an ambulance before except for gallstones pain but if he runs on a road or something how am I supposed to get him.
    It's an injustice I feel saddened that I'm unable to work atm because of injury sustained at work....

Can you find childcare or not? 
  • boriswho
    He does attend nursery 
    But it's the holidays ATM me and him are just cooked up in the house most of the time unless the weathers nice and we can got the park for a short while.
  • boriswho
    Do you have link for a diary where I can record symtoms for my new pip application
    @April2018mom
  • April2018mom
    boriswho said:
    He does attend nursery 
    But it's the holidays ATM me and him are just cooked up in the house most of the time unless the weathers nice and we can got the park for a short while.
    Since you are at a loss for days out- https://www.mumsnet.com/things-to-do/local/cheap-family-days-out-uk
    For fun activities- https://www.familylives.org.uk/advice/your-family/holidays/how-to-entertain-your-children-in-the-holidays/

• boriswho
  • April2018mom
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    For the Tribunal decision where you were refused PIP, you won't be able to appeal that decision unless an error in law is found. For this you need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings.

For the new PIP claim, i still think you're going about this the wrong way and you should get expert advice. An internet forum isn't the place for this because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

I don't have any further advice for you but i'll wish you good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • boriswho
    And I made an errors in the post about the Aldi trip the gradient initially to the top of the woodland cut which is 300 meters from my home is only a 5 meter gradient upward over 300 meters with several 90° turns the it's downwards 800 meters with approximately the 1St 1/4 of that being the steepest and at the point of where my knee stopped me moving was the 1St corner from my house is only about 20 to 25 steps from my house not like big 1 meter steps shorter stride steps probably 1/2 ~meter at a time so I would think it's shorter like more like 12 to 15 meters ~
  • boriswho
    Thanks anyway @poppy123456 please can you not at least enlighten me to one tribunal or case which has erred in relation issues either similar to mine which is I suffered a work injury that has either started or led to tricomoartmental knee osteoarthritis pains, an undiagnosed fractured ankle talus until some 17 months after my fall, instability and aggravation of a long standing back pain issues due to not being able to weight bear at certain times 
    And an aggravated whiplash injury which leaves me with permanent neck pain which only came about due to the stress and agonising tortuous examination procedure regarding getting financial help whilst being unable to work and. Doctors and gp and consultants who think your only trying to bump up a personal injury claim who should I attack 1st which one do I have to fight them all? Or should I go for the lacklustre citizens advice ?
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2019

Please note, gradients aren't considered with the moving around part.

The following was taken from this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#mobility-activitie

This activity considers a claimant’s physical ability to move around without severe discomfort, such as breathlessness, pain or fatigue. This includes the ability to stand and then move up to 20 metres, up to 50 metres, up to 200 metres and over 200 metres.

If an individual cannot reliably complete an activity in the way described in a descriptor then they should be considered unable to complete it at that level and an alternative descriptor selected.

Notes

This activity should be judged in relation to a type of surface normally expected out of doors, such as pavements on the flat and includes the consideration of kerbs.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • boriswho
    regardless of inclines/declines pain is caused on all sourfaces
  • boriswho
    edited August 2019
    @poppy123456
    Does this look OK for Q2b its rough should I add anymore.

[Removed by moderator]

I never put any of this in my previous claim
  • boriswho
    Should I put about constipated and spending long periods sitting on the loo
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    boriswho said:
    I have someone coming from the council on Tuesday to recommend if I can get a double Bannister if that's one
    That would be an occupational therapist, and yes a report from them showing your functional ability would be helpful 

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    Managing toilet needs. This activity considers a claimant’s ability to get on and off the toilet, to manage evacuation of the bladder and/or bowel and to clean afterwards. Long periods spent on the toilet aren't considered for this activity and neither is your ability to climb the stairs or mobilise to the toilet.

• boriswho
    Thanks guys 
    I'm making progress 
    My radiators have came off the wall many times when using them to push off the toilet. My sink is loose on the wall in my downstairs toilet through being used as push me up 
    Luckily I have a toilet downstairs

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.