New pip application - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip application

Comments

• boriswho
    boriswho Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    So here's the start of additional info hopefully you can read it's a rough version I'm hoping to type up in case my assessor can't read

[Removed by moderator]
  • boriswho
    Managing toilet needs. This activity considers a claimant’s ability to get on and off the toilet, to manage evacuation of the bladder and/or bowel and to clean afterwards. Long periods spent on the toilet aren't considered for this activity and neither is your ability to climb the stairs or mobilise to the toilet.

Does this include raising and lowering pants during more severe episode which aren't often enough in my case I think now that I've got some sort of self management of more severe episodes last one was january this year. I'm having alot less now I've reduced my Activity's to these unhealthy levels
  • boriswho
    I really need my partner here now as looking after my son now that she's started working my activity levels are rising looking after him hopefully I don't have any setbacks
  • boriswho
    boriswho said:
    Managing toilet needs. This activity considers a claimant’s ability to get on and off the toilet, to manage evacuation of the bladder and/or bowel and to clean afterwards. Long periods spent on the toilet aren't considered for this activity and neither is your ability to climb the stairs or mobilise to the toilet.

Does this include raising and lowering pants during more severe episode which aren't often enough in my case I think now that I've got some sort of self management of more severe episodes last one was january this year. I'm having alot less now I've reduced my Activity's to these unhealthy levels
    I mean for like I'm experiencing limited range of motion with my lower back due to sever pain
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Managing toilet needs is your ability to get on and off the toilet and clean yourself afterwards. Removing/lowering clothes isn't included in the activity.

Moving around. You're still referring to less than 200 metres per day, i'm not sure why you keep wanting to refer to this as a per day thing. Doing this will surely see you being refused mobility part, as you were previously advised about this in another comment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • boriswho
    Managing toilet needs is your ability to get on and off the toilet and clean yourself afterwards. Removing/lowering clothes isn't included in the activity.

Moving around. You're still referring to less than 200 metres per day, i'm not sure why you keep wanting to refer to this as a per day thing. Doing this will surely see you being refused mobility part, as you were previously advised about this in another comment.

• poppy123456
    I would have another read of Mike's advice above.

What you've written here is too inconsistent because first you're saying a few hours, then a couple of days, then 2-4 days. What exactly does that mean? You're concentrating on your pain but you're not telling them why you can't complete that activity. There's too many contradictions in what you've written.

You're telling them you limit the amount you walk each day but can manage 200 metres a day.... this will score 0 points.

You mention side effects of medication and tell them to see main leaflet. They won't read a leaflet because it's not evidence. The side effects of medication varies between person to person. It doesn't mean you'll experience all the side effects. Some can take low dosage medication without any side effects at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    @boriswho ..I tend to agree with Poppy - from what you've written it does look like you score 0 points for mobility.

We seem to have gone round in a bit of a circle, but if you look back at some of the early pieces of advice you'll see why....you need specific examples - 200m on an average day doesn't help.

Can I suggest you might have a look at some of the other descriptors and see if you might score points elsewhere before you send your form in?
  • boriswho

Thanks for your input, I do personally feel I should have won at least low rate 
    I will try to Analise a little more before finalising 
    Precision is key I'd of though cover all angles etc..
     I'm going to review it all over the next week or so till the pack comes I suppose like everyone says just be honest & open and tell it as it is. I suppose when I do my 2 week diary this should give a better perspective also.
    And use words with more certainty in them instead of vague open ended answers that can be interpreted in many fashions.
    I'll test myself with 20 meters 50 meters and 200 and record the outcome.
    I'll check distances on foot in regards to hospital visits etc leave no room for error to confirm in my mind as well.
    Also recording input one liners as to what's happening or happened
    And  when issues are exacerbated and why I think it was.
    Should I record milder symptoms on the daily diary.

Could someone remove my images posted thanks

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @boriswho, I have removed the pictures from your post.
    Scope

• boriswho
    cristobal said:
    @boriswho ..I tend to agree with Poppy - from what you've written it does look like you score 0 points for mobility.

We seem to have gone round in a bit of a circle, but if you look back at some of the early pieces of advice you'll see why....you need specific examples - 200m on an average day doesn't help.

Can I suggest you might have a look at some of the other descriptors and see if you might score points elsewhere before you send your form in?
    I have I'm just not posting on here, I think I've got it .
    I did seem to drift back into the my old  way of describing my issues and as mike said he appreciates trying to describe something and how it affects you is difficult I've wrote and wrote and wrote and when I look at it it's just always the same me focusing on the pain not really how it actually affects me and describing in detail the proves to be further more difficult.

I got my partner to write something for me and looked at it, it was very similar to what I wrote except she wrote "I fell to the floor" I thought this was an exaggeration because I never actually hit the floor but I suppose if when this happened that my other leg done the same I would have and had the trolley in asda had not of been in front of me also to grasp a hold of I would have fell too the floor.
    Anyhow I press on I've removed slot if what I've been writing and am trying to stick to the facts.
    I will post back if I have any further questions 
    Thanks all for your input..
    Hopefully our new prime minster Boris will do better in his application to our country's issues than I have done in my application for state benefit.....
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    Ilovemywifesomuch01 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hello Boriswho iv read all of the comments here I'm going to give you an example which is my wife. She has schizophrenia she doesn't respond well to medication it wasnt always like this she was on a medication called olanzipine it worked well for her years ago but due to side effects like she became pre diabetic, had high blood pressure and gained over 5 stone again side effects. Since then she has been on ariprozole she was ill for 2 years then rispiridone she was ill for 4 and half years now she's on amisulpride and its like she's taking nothing she's permenatly ill I feel as her husband I'm not giving up hope in something working. Now going back to the pip form my wife can't cook a meal as she forgets and has nearly caused a fire, she can't prepare a meal as she can't use sharp knives as she attempts to self harm now iv just made clear to you one of the questions in the pip form iv explained in the form what activities she can't do and why. You seem to be focused on one day out that you had nothing is consistent all you have to do is tell the truth in the form. Poppy has continuously explained I'm struggling to understand why your answers in the form are not adding up you must be able to see what struggles you have on a daily basis as you are struggling. It seems you want people on this forum to fill the form out for you they can't do that because they are not you and if you don't know what struggles you have know one does.
  • poppy123456
    @Ilovemywifesomuch01Thanks!  great reply and so true. Problem with PIP is you can't make those descriptors fit you and that's what's happening here. Good luck with your wife's claim!
  • boriswho
    That true to some effect, I don't seem to fit any descriptor except for:
    Reliably - my knees give out I get very tired now also.
    Repeatedly - after the 2200 meter trek afterwards I wasn't able to walk 20 meters without severe pain.
    This is not the 1St time it's happened it happened also walking literally 20 meters from the car I almost had to hop back and had become unable to weight bear at all right leg ankle.
    Which I dont see most of you don't call upon as a descriptor as that I maybe do fit

• boriswho
    Repeatedly - after the 2200 meter trek afterwards I wasn't able to walk 20 meters without severe pain.
    For 1 week 
  • boriswho
    To me when a give happens it is a further injury 
  • boriswho
    They duration of these are very much dependable on the severity of the inury
  • boriswho
    So now we need to establish how often
  • boriswho
    I will tell you that it is every walk 
  • boriswho
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.