2021 waiting time for assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

Comments

• mykiddies3
    mykiddies3 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Thanks poppy! Yes I’ve received the report! I was just wondering who had done it because I’ve seen capita mentioned and Atos etc? But my daughters has just come from pip/dwp so I wasn’t sure who had actually done the report? Just curious that’s all! 
  • mykiddies3
    I just thought because she had said she was a nurse from dwp and also on the report it says just her name and her profession as a nurse that maybe she was from dwp? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,612 Disability Gamechanger
    No definitely a HCP, when you return the application its put on to the dwp system then passed to jatos or capita, the dwp don't employ their own nurses.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mykiddies3
    Thought so! No problems just curious as like said I’ve seen posts about Atos/capita etc but haven’t received anything form any of them directly atall? No texts or letters with their names on or anything lol only from dwp/pip 

thanks 
  • mykiddies3
    Sorry I’m new to the pip stuff! Only ever dealt with DLA ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    When requesting the report it comes from DWP not the health assessment providers. Once the report is written and returned back to DWP the health assessment providers are no longer responsible for the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mykiddies3
    Ok Thankyou everyone xx
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    I've just posted my PIP review form off but am nervous cos of a follow-up letter that contradics my last consultation. After an mri with regards to spinal fusion, stenosis was found in 3 places, my lower back, mid thoracic and cervical areas. The consultant was concerned about my neck vertebrae because of numb fingers and mentioned putting me on the list for a disk replacement in 3-6 months. She said she'd not seen a spine as bad as mine in a long time. However the decision letter skimps over it and refers to my physio visits and how well I'm doing! Should I be worried? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    Tiffy1691 said:
    I've just posted my PIP review form off but am nervous cos of a follow-up letter that contradics my last consultation. After an mri with regards to spinal fusion, stenosis was found in 3 places, my lower back, mid thoracic and cervical areas. The consultant was concerned about my neck vertebrae because of numb fingers and mentioned putting me on the list for a disk replacement in 3-6 months. She said she'd not seen a spine as bad as mine in a long time. However the decision letter skimps over it and refers to my physio visits and how well I'm doing! Should I be worried? 

If you're physio thinks you're doing well then surely for your health condition that's a good thing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    @tanya2595 - Hi I was just wondering if you received your telephone assessment.  I am more or less in the same time frame as you. And it is the same assessment company IAS/ATOS. A friend of mine applied after me and they have their assessment date already which is tomorrow. Not sure how assessors work - do they look at the evidence? or Do they request more evidence?
    Let us know how u get on.
  • tanya2595
    tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    @naila_007 hey no I haven’t heard anything off them yet. Haven’t had a letter with the date of my assessment. Oh really? I would of thought they would of had to wait longer than us. I will definitely update you when I do hear from them keep us updated if you do! 
    Thanks 
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
  • sonic1989
    sonic1989 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I had my assessment call 3rd feb but my current claim ends 10th feb anyone know how long it will be after assment Ill have decision as my housing benefit stopping too I’m not sure what I’m gonna do with paying rent and everything while I’m waiting  the lady who did assessment said she was sending it next day I rang today witch is 6 days after assessment they still not received it off her is this normal 
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
  • Nicky73
    Nicky73 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    naila_007 said:
    @tanya2595 - Hi I was just wondering if you received your telephone assessment.  I am more or less in the same time frame as you. And it is the same assessment company IAS/ATOS. A friend of mine applied after me and they have their assessment date already which is tomorrow. Not sure how assessors work - do they look at the evidence? or Do they request more evidence?
    Let us know how u get on.
    Hi I applied for PIP on 29th October 2020 and I had my assessment on the 4th of February my claim is now back with dwp so they are now getting to. The folk who. Applied last October 
  • Nicky73
    Hi I applied for PIP on the 29th October 2020 I've only just had my assessment on February 4th my claim is now back with dwp which they received on the 7th February 2021.so they are getting to the folk who applied last October. 
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    edited February 2021
    Nicky73 said:
    Hi I applied for PIP on the 29th October 2020 I've only just had my assessment on February 4th my claim is now back with dwp which they received on the 7th February 2021.so they are getting to the folk who applied last October. 

thanks @Nicky73 I just checked my text messages they received my claim on 14th Jan 2021 but my claim date is 18th Dec 20 - so i have a while to go yet. Although i do know its gone to the IAS team.  Are you able to share your eexperience with regards to the assessment.

• Nicky73
    @naila_007 my assessment was really good considering I was so nervous for the appointment I had a lovely lady she didn't push me and went at my pace not hers I think as long as you get a nice person doing your appointment it should go smoothly, before I had my assessment I had heard some bad things about the assessors but I was made to feel comfortable even before she started. Good luck with your own appointment 
  • sonic1989
    sonic1989 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I had my assessment on the 3rd feb capita sent it Monday 8th to dwp I rang dwp today the 10 but there saying it’s not showing as received yet anyone no why this is I’m so stressed 
  • Mark98
    Mark98 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my assessment on the 3rd of Feb also received a text from DWP on the 9th of February advising that they now have my assessment report and aim to have a decision within 8 does anyone know how accurate these time frames are as I have read a few post waiting more than the 8 weeks thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.