OCD telephone assessment /appointee - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

OCD telephone assessment /appointee

Options
2»

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @griff11 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's PIP assessment was cancelled, but you should be proud of yourself for challenging the DWP and getting a date scheduled that is suitable for yours and your daughter's needs. 

If you would like some further information about the PIP assessment, the Citizen's Advice website has some useful information about how to best prepare for the assessment. The link to their website can be found here

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very frustrating!  The same happened at my F2F in 2019, made myself so ill trying to get there, only to be told the assessor hadn't arrived.  :/

February is still a while away, I wouldn't be too worried about the end date yet!
  • griff11
    griff11 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    Options
    Assessment done.  50 minutes.  Seemed to go ok and he said I'd given him a good account of how her disability affects her.  I had application form and supporting evidence in front of me on computer so I got up early to re-read it plus I'd been adding notes of very recent incidents.    I will request copy of assessment report.  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully there should still be time for a decision before her award ends 
  • griff11
    Options
    I rang Friday to request copy of assessment report.  Such a friendly chap.  He said "great everyone should request a copy, do you also want copy of your original application form".  He then said it's in queue for decision maker but as yours is a review it should be quicker than 2 months.  I said it wasn't a review as they said it had to be new award.  And he asked if awarded on appeal.  So I explained that appeal ended when they made offer and he said "don't accept appeal if it's not what you feel entitled to be it rate or period as if they seek to end appeal then they certain you will win".  
    Told me to ring first week January and ask to speak to decision maker if I've heard nothing.  
  • griff11
    Options
    So I've had copy of assessment report.  Boxes ticked.  Total 15 points on daily living (previously 13),  10 points on mobility for planning journeys.  Previously she had 12.  

Is this the DWP scoring or assessors?  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    griff11 said:

Is this the DWP scoring or assessors?  
    It's recommendations from the assessor. A decision maker is supposed to look at all evidence before making their decision. They do mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.