Pip changing to vouchers ??

Comments

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,021 Empowering

Wow we need people like you that understand the law and courts its many people like yourself and many more that change Laws and make our life somewhat liveable thankyiu

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Just to chime in, there's only 4 articles from the Magna Carta that are still law. Clauses 1, 13, 39 and 40. They mostly talk about the liberties of the English church, the privileges for the city of London and peoples right to a trial by jury.

• stay_positive
    stay_positive Community member Posts: 304 Empowering

I have been thinking about this , changing to vouchers would then take mobility cars away, it would stop carers allowance . Unless UC would allow carers allowance with LCWRA , but I don't know how this works.

I don't think the new government are doing very well in popularity , they've straight away taken winter fuel allowance of some pensioners if they do not receive pension credit . My mum is one of them and she is 91 next month . I don't know if she knows because she has memory loss and I won't worry her by mentioning it just yet .

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,980 Championing

Changing to vouchers doesn't have to stop Motability. It could still be funded through the gov't in a similar way. But it could also be opened up to those of us who don't meet the strict PIP criteria for high rate Mobility now.

• Soul47
    Soul47 Community member Posts: 14 Contributor

Well pointed out Albus, the one you quoted is the one I was on about (the right to a trial by jury)

• Soul47
    Soul47 Community member Posts: 14 Contributor

Your welcome Catherine, this is why I constantly research online for, to keep up with most laws which do affect my future and that of other people, keeping a conscientious mind of how others would feel or react in these circumstances.

• Catherine21

I appreciate this makes such a difference when I'm out of my mind and someone talks laws facts logic wakes you up from gripping anxiety and not feeling so alone and helpless

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,006 Trailblazing

As opposed to "Trial by Ordeal" - I know which I would prefer……

• stay_positive

I could have a mobility car , but cannot afford to due the high mortgage interest payments . Driving around in a 2002 Toyota , but she is great . It's just that I cannot get in and out without a lot of pain as its so low .

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,878 Championing
    edited August 18

But there is no definition of "financial assistance"

nor of this - "situations of poverty"

• Catherine21
  • WhatThe

Soul, I don't understand this and would like to.

Political Man are determined to be prosecuted for Treason and Sedition and Deliberate Sabotage of the Known Laws (Which directly affects the Royal Family itself).

• WhatThe
    edited August 18

Wibbles 4 August

• In particular article 28 c.
    • "To ensure access by persons with disabilities and their families living in situations of poverty to assistance from the State with disability-related expenses, including adequate training, counselling, financial assistance and respite care."
    • But there is no definition of "financial assistance"
    • And as for "respite care" ????

• Catherine21

So they don't have to offer financial help then is that what it means ?

• WhatThe
    edited August 18

We get financial help.

• BrianMcFaddenfan24
    BrianMcFaddenfan24 Community member Posts: 51 Contributor

I hope they don't change the disability benefits to vouchers as my youngest sister uses my niece's DLA for help with buying things that my niece needs like paying for a new tablet. I think she also uses the money to buy a new wheelchair for my niece when she needs one. The children's wheelchair that my niece currently has is a bit of a tight squeeze for her to fit in as she's quite tall. My youngest sister who is my mum says that it's a pain to get hold of the place where she gets my niece's wheelchair from and getting to where it is. I can't remember if my sister said that the place is walking distance from where she lives or if she has to use public transport as she can't drive.

Plus my sister said that she has to use some reins that she has for my niece when she wants to walk to fasten in her wheelchair so that she can't get out as she can climb out of her wheelchair and she can also open the lap belt that is supposed to keep her in her wheelchair and she knows how to operate the brakes on her wheelchair and she knows how to push herself in her wheelchair, so my sister has to keep at least one hand on the handle to stop her from moving her wheelchair.

She also uses my niece's money to buy her school uniform and a backpack to put some fresh clothes and other things my niece needs for when she's either at school or spending time with her other nana and grandad or with her other mummy and youngest sister and brother.

• stay_positive

Lots of people were relying on kier saving them , now here we are still left wondering what he will do.

Not looking good is it ? I'M SO PLEASE I NEVER VOTED FOR LABOUR .

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

We've had a new government for less than two months and they aren't even back in parliament yet @stay_positive I think it's best to just wait and see what happens. We don't want to scare anyone on the community please.

• stay_positive

I'm scared and I am not one for holding back , am I now not able to speak my opinion in fear of scaring others ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

I don't think anyone is saying they can't have their own opinion but there's far too much speculation going on here. It does scare some people.

I totally understand that many people are worried and concerned but we don't know what may or may not happen yet because they haven't announced it. We just need to wait for the budget.

This discussion has been closed.