Feeling lonely — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling lonely

Options
Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
Hi , I find living on my own very lonely and is very hard for me , I did not cope with everything that happened in my life everything together in the same time 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Agnia sorry that you feel lonely, can you get out at all and join some groups to meet people 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Sandy thank you for your response I’m trying but I got depressed it was too much for me what happened and my legs not strong like before , I worked a lot before and now I’m not feeling well because it was too much for me sorry 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    It happens when we take too much on, find time just for you,  online communities are also good to join, this 1 has many people on here that will offer support. Always someone to natter to. Join in with the conversations and play some of the games. Make virtual freinds
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It can be lonely living on your own it doesn't suit everyone . 

Try finding activities to keep you occupied like puzzles , coloring , reading , crafts and background noise from TV or radio 

There are also local charities that run buddy clubs where volunteers will come and visit you or call you 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Agnia

Sorry to hear your feeling lonely, I also live on my own, and at times it can be lonely even though Iv got family I speak to everyday.

This is a great place to make friends and have a chat with.
    You should try it out, I hope you do.

Take care ❤️
  • Agnia
    Options
    Thank you for your response it’s too hard for me to live like that 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Really and I live at the accommodation that gave me anxiety I’m sorry I had a neighbour  who was drinking and he was very noisy he was inviting other mens to his place during the night I couldn’t sleep 
    I was working here a lot in the past I promise I’m sorry if I do any mistakes because English is my second language 
  • Agnia
    Options
    I’m sorry living on my own doesn’t suit me I got depressed and anxiety my neighbour was inviting other men’s they were fighting and was blood on the stairs this was affecting me so much and noise as well   I have one room which is located next to the communal area and to the stairs 
    i really worked a lot in the past and I took a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders from my work 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Do you live in social housing or private rent ? Maybe consider moving to somewhere more suitable for you .

• Agnia
    Options
    Hi Janer. @janer1967 I live in private place 
  • Agnia
    Options
    @Lou67 Thank you for your response.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Can you not look for somewhere more suitable maybe you could consider shared living so your not on your own 
  • Agnia
    Options
    @Sandy_123 Thank you for your response there is no me now
     i took too much on me 

• Agnia
    Options
    @janer1967 I’m sorry I’m not able to find the new place myself 
  • Agnia
    Options
    @janer1967 I would like to request for PIP but I’m scared to do it 
  • Agnia
    Options
    I’m not able to sleep I’m taking medication and I cannot sleep at night what will be with me now 
  • janer1967
    Options
    There is no reason ti be scared of applying for pip the worst that can happen us that you get it refused but its worth a try.  It is stressful process for lots of people and takes a long time from start to finish 

You may benefit from a care needs assessment regarding your living situation where ot will come and assess your needs and make recommendations for suitable living or adaptions 

You can self refer on the gov website for this 

Have you considered applying for social housing if put on the list housing officers can help with finding suitable properties.  Again there are long waiting lists for housing 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Agnia

Good morning I’m sorry your going through all this. I think @janer1967 has given you some great suggestions I think they would be good for you. IE the buddy program and looking into getting different housing, you could try for supported accommodation.

Good luck and take care ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Morning @Agnia hope you got some sleep with your noisy neighbours 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi thank you for your response I’m feeling scared and tired and lonely with my situation and to live here in this place 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.