Hi, my name is PollyPick! Problem with property company. Was refused permission for a stairlift — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is PollyPick! Problem with property company. Was refused permission for a stairlift

Options
PollyPick
PollyPick Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my back against the wall - a Property Company is trying to buy me and my son off as well as add a gag order so that I cannot say what they are about - it's not about the money they offer (it isn't much anyway to bother with) BUT its the principle of it - my legal team are now reluctant to go on because of this so called 'offer' - if they go to Legal Aid and state a settlement has been offered they can walk away leaving me with a big fat bill that belongs to the Property Company - Now if I can only download the shortened version of my tale you'd perhaps see where I am coming from :_ There both pages are for all to see and read and spread the word to be careful

Comments

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @pollypick,

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your images because they contained personal information about yourself and others. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

We have also removed your duplicate post.

All the best,

Tori

Online community team

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry I can't help but honestly don't understand your problem @pollypick but hope you get it sorted, have you spoken to your MP ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• PollyPick
    Options
    Hi Woodbine, Our MP - big laugh he's in trouble with the House he's been a naughty boy! so he's no longer in the public eye as for the rest no one knows who they are?  but I did post a short outline of my dilemma, the Property Company's accusation was that they said my son was not a genuine disabled person who did not need a stairlift, my son is genuine, more genuine than some I've seen abusing the Blue Badge Scheme and I was able to prove it by going back to his birth years
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pollypick :) I'm sorry that you and your son have had so much trouble with your housing situation. 

Was this a council owned property? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PollyPick said:
    my son is genuine, more genuine than some I've seen abusing the Blue Badge Scheme

I'm sorry but how can you possibly know that? Invisible conditions do exist. You don't need a physical condition to be entitled to a blue badge. Those with visual impairments and even mental health can be entitled to a blue badge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PollyPick
    Options
    Hi Poppy123456 Next time you are in a car park just stand a look very closely at the disabled spot and wonder to yourself what the design actually means - Although I am I wouldn't find any justification in obtaining a BB knowing I am able to take advantage of the ability to walk any distance which my son would love to be able to do; those who can walk should not 'feign' an 'invisible' disability just to get parked nearer the shops-such people should go through the testing and doctors my son had to when he was a youngster, it was hell for him but at least it proved he was genuine!
  • PollyPick
    Options
    Hello Tori
    The councils no longer own property, they only advertise properties for Housing/Property Associations; I felt quite sick at the level of hostility we have faced over a stairlift.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PollyPick said:
    those who can walk should not 'feign' an 'invisible' disability just to get parked nearer the shops-

That's quite shocking in my opinion. My pet hate is someone that passes judgement on others.

You mention your son in your thread and that he has a disability, someone accused him of not having a disability. Imagine what someone else would think when you pass judgement on them. Just because a person can walk, this doesn't mean they do not have a disability.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.