Esa Ending 365 days — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Ending 365 days

Options
37em37
37em37 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good evening.. 

I recieved a letter stating my 365 days is up for contribution-based ESA on March 7th I'm in work related activity group where I get ready for work I was unfortunate to get the other group.

I'm living with my parents due to a split at Christmas and reported this to esa and universal credit on my journal so now I've filled out the change of circumstances and uploaded tenancy agreement the landlord gave me to claim 300 quid for my part of the rent.
Still waiting for an outcome of that. It all confuses me.

So what I'm trying to ask is when my esa stops what then happens to my 154 a fortnight payments? That's all I get . Equivalent to 77.00 a week. I just scrape the barrel and have 30.00 a week to living on.

Thanks for your time. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    From the 7th March you will no longer receive any further payments from ESA because you will have come to the end of the 1 year of payments.

As you're claiming UC as well then your UC will just increase because there will no longer be any deductions for the ESA. You won't be financially worse off and you'll still receive the same amount of money each month.

If you're living with parents you won't be able to claim for help with any rent unless you're named on the tenancy agreement and are liable to pay rent to a landlord for your share of the rent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 37em37
    Options
    Oh brilliant so I won't loose any money? I had a joint claim with my ex so I had to unpair accounts on 17th Jan  and now have my own journal. It said on last statement I just got £1.24 uc into my account on 25th Jan I was like oh thanks lol and yes it stated the esa deducted and I was paid as normal fortnightly.  

esa next payment is due 8th feb  and last payment be 22nd Feb  then what? Does it change automatically just to uc?

Do I get nothing till 25th march? And it be 334.00? Bit of a gap.. 

Yes I was put onto the tenancy agreement by landlord due to not being able to pay my way so I'm wonduring on 23rd Feb the statement I may have some housing payment? 

Sorry for all the questions I'm just worried and clueless.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,719 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    If your ESA ends on 7th March there should be another payment after 22nd Feb. UC is paid monthly in arrears so your payment on 25th March will cover assessment period 19th Feb to 18th March so it may not be the full amount of £334.91. I'm not sure how the payments work when ESA ends but you won't be worse off.

If UC agree to pay help with any rent the changes will take place in the assessment period which you reported the changes.  If you're renting from a private landlord and you're under 35 you will be entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance. (unless you're receiving either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care) then you'll be entitled to the 1 bedroom rate. If you're 35 and over then you'll be entitled to 1 bedroom rate.

When you had the work capability assessment decision did you agree with that? If not did you challenge that decision?

I don't know anything about your health conditions and how they affect you but have you looked into claiming PIP? If not then here's some links for you to have a read of.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 37em37
    Options
    poppy123456 said:
    If your ESA ends on 7th March there should be another payment after 22nd Feb. UC is paid monthly in arrears so your payment on 25th March will cover assessment period 19th Feb to 18th March so it may not be the full amount of £334.91. I'm not sure how the payments work when ESA ends but you won't be worse off.

If UC agree to pay help with any rent the changes will take place in the assessment period which you reported the changes. If you're renting from a private landlord and you're under 35 you will be entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance. (unless you're receiving either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care) then you'll be entitled to the 1 bedroom rate. If you're 35 and over then you'll be entitled to 1 bedroom rate.

When you had the work capability assessment decision did you agree with that? If not did you challenge that decision?

I don't know anything about your health conditions and how they affect you but have you looked into claiming PIP? If not then here's some links for you to have a read of.

Thank you very much for your info

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.