If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is charliebear10! when can I phone pip about getting a copy off my report?

Options
charliebear10
charliebear10 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I'm new to all this and just need a bit off advice .. I put in a claim for pip on the 24 January and had my phone assessment on the 3rd off March then received a text message on the 6th off march to say they had received my written report .. when can I phone pip about getting a copy off my report ? And has anyone ever heard if they got awarded or not within the fist couple weeks ? Or is it just a waiting game .. thankyou 🙂 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @charliebear10 - & welcome to the community. Please remember the assessor's report is just a recommendation, & it's often best to wait for your actual decision letter. You can ring for a copy of the report after about a week; the decision letter can take anything between 2 & 12 weeks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ring PIP anytime to request a copy of the assessment report. Please be aware though that it’s not the decision letter, it’s a recommendation only.
    Decisions can take up to 12 weeks once the report was returned. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    OK thankyou very much for commenting.. I will phone them to see if they can send me out the report thankyou 🙂
  • daves1
    daves1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hello I'm new to all this and just need a bit off advice .. I put in a claim for pip on the 24 January and had my phone assessment on the 3rd off March then received a text message on the 6th off march to say they had received my written report .. when can I phone pip about getting a copy off my report ? And has anyone ever heard if they got awarded or not within the fist couple weeks ? Or is it just a waiting game .. thankyou 🙂 
    You can ask now if you feel they had anoth time got to speak to them for a copy of my wife's report on Monday as well mate
  • charliebear10
    Options
    Hey everybody I received copy off my report today but don't understand how to add up the points on it .. just says a,b,c,d ... don't think it's good news with reading it 😕 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Look for the activities/descriptors next to the letters A B C D E or F there will be either a dot or a tick.. A would be zero points. Use the PIP self test here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form then transfer the dots from the report into the test. At the end it will tell you what points (if any) are recommended.
    You need at least 8 for standard award and at least 12 for Enhanced. Mobility and daily living are added separately.
    Remember the report is a recommendation only. Though they mostly go with it, it has been known for them to go against it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    They scored me a on everything and said that I can do things that I can't do .. but never mind 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to wait for the decision, which can take up to 12 weeks from when the report was returned. Once you've had the decision if you disagree you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration within 1 month of the date of the decision.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    Do they go buy the questions or the written report 🤔 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What questions? Before making a decision they should look at everything you sent, including the form and the assessment report. From there they will make a decision.
    However, as i advised, they mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it but it's rare.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    The a,b,c,d,e ... yh I will wait and I will appeal it as they have said I can do stuff which I can't 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That seems really frustrating @charliebear10, especially as you feel it contradicts your experience  :( Hopefully, you will receive it soon.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    Hello everyone I received my written assessment and the nurse scored me 0 on everything 😔 I have a scarcoma that effects my left breast and have pain there all the time can't bend can't cook without sitting down can't wash my bottom half due to pain can't even walk to my local shop which is 5 mins from my house ( and if I do make the walk it takes me 45 mins ) due to pain and having to stop all the time ... but because I can scratch my head and sit into a car she scored me 0 on everything .. but the fact is I can't get out the car unless I have help .. but then I can't challenge anything as had a text message today saying that no decision has been made yet 😔
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @charliebear10 I'm sorry to hear that the assessor's report wasn't the result you were hoping for, it sounds like they didn't take your full lived experience into account.

At this stage, one thing to bear in mind is that it's only a recommendation to the decision maker, who will also be looking at your claim form, and any extra evidence you sent through. It is rarer, but the decision maker could go against the report, and award you different scores. 

I'm afraid until you receive your decision letter, you can't yet challenge anything, as a decision hasn't been made. Turn2Us has a clear overview of your next steps if you still want to challenge this after your letter.

If we can help with anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • charliebear10
    Options
    Hello everyone I rang pip today as still havnt heard anything and they said they still havnt made a decision yet 🤔 its been 7 weeks now since my assessment .. had a copy off my report which gave me all 0 .. so why is it still taking so long 🤔
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Decisions can take anything up to 12 weeks once the report was returned but it can be less or more than this. Timescales are only ever a guide.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.