A New Red Nose and a Three-Hour Telethon — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A New Red Nose and a Three-Hour Telethon

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger

Today is Red Nose Day and something that really had stood out for me this year, is the new Red Nose.

Made by LoveFrom and designed by Sir Jony Ive, it is almost entirely made from paper and plant-based materials. It’s made to pop out into the red nose shape and fold back to be flat. Making it easier to package, post and carry.

I really like the design of this, but I do miss some of the crazy designs we have had in the past. The ones with stringy colourful hair, funny characters or were simply glittery.

What do you think of the new design? Is there a past design that was your favourite?

Red Nose Day is an amazing fundraising event, and this year we have presenters; AJ Odudu, David Tennant (swoons), Joel Dommett, Paddy McGuinness and Zoe Ball. With comedy skits involving British legends like Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders, it’s set to be a fun night.

But, with times being hard for so many, we can also understand how hard it is to see some of the stories on the telethon.

Red Nose Day is very close to my heart, and I have raised money for them in so many ways since my school years. But I realised what we can all do for many charities and organisations, not just for Red Nose Day, is use our voice.

Yes, Red Nose Day is a fundraiser and funds are needed but the value of sharing posts on social media and raising awareness to the different charities is needed too. Some need the exposure; some even advertise needing volunteers or have job positions going. It all helps 😊

Will you be watching Red Nose Day this evening?

Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.