LCRWA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


stan14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I have a little concern about my LCRWA.
I first provided my fit note on 5th May 23, had my health assessment on 12th Sep and decision was made to award me LCRWA on 25th Sep. My UC pay date is 11th of every month.
Can someone help me, when I will start receiving my new pay and if I will receive any back pay.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,546 Disability Gamechanger
    Your waiting period will be May/June, June/July, July/August... LCWRA starts from assessment period 5th August to 4th Sept and first payment will be 11th Sept. This means they owe you 1 months LCWRA element. Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

    You need to check your next statement to make sure the LCWRA element is included. This advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stan14
    stan14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks poppy for the clarification and no my partner dosent claims it.
    I will update you once I receive my next statement usually arrives on 5th of every month 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.