If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entertainment that good for you and cheap.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 757 Pioneering
Last night I have to say you should do this.
  Weeks ago I booked two tickets see Cardiff Arms Male Voice Choir at St Teilo's Church in Landaff.
  £10 each, well it was worth £50 each, as well as the Choir, they support the Acadmey of Werlsh Music, and the second recepient of this years award sang.
  She was amasing as you can expect, and then just befors an interval talked about the choir, the Choir master and the accompanist all world class, but although I have seen them many times before met the President of the Choir, who was sat two seats from me.....
  Some might know him as Mr Cardiff, some already know him if you watched the rugby internationals for Wales on a Saturday's  he was Frank Hennesy.
  Most have heard some of his songs, but the best after singing some songs he told some jokes that had the place rocking, ( for another day) 
  Started at &.00pm finished at 10.00pm with free tea/coffee bickies as well and a raffle.
  The Raffle raised £500 and the Ticket sales made £600 which the Choir added another £400 to to make a £1000 to their charity.
  All in all what a night.  You must see round you if there are choirs singing and take a time out to see them, it not only supports there local charity, but it get you to realise that music and singing is the best release for tension ever.
  A nice little respite from every thing.
ONE DOWN SIDE, I ended up with a numb bum, so I would say a pillow optional.....  

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,702 Scope online community team
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like an amazing night and all for a great cause too!  I hope you've recovered from the dreaded num bum now.  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,517 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sounds great! The Welsh Male Voice choirs are incredible, I've seen a couple as I have family in Wales. I always find collective singing uplifting :) Definitely bring a pillow next time!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    If you will excuse the pun,  It was just another pain in the Butt to deal with....
      Report of deranged person hugging pillow in snow is just a cutout of
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,853 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My ideas are:

going to a park 
    going to the beach 
    window shopping 
    vistiing a museum 
    Christmas fairs 
    Going to a farm 
    see what's on at your local community centre.
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    I think we can all say we have done most of these.  They are all great ideas, but how many of us think they just don't have the time any more?
      Just think what you used to do?  There was always time to work, there was a bit of overtime, weekend treats like a drink at the pub and a curry, or the pictures on Saturday Midnight, scary nights, beach, Picknick at the beach, and of course run a family?
      Its because people now don't priortise there time to make a break and just have a little me time, go fly a Kite,  No kids borrow some from your kids?
      There's plenty to do if you only look.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.