How is your day going?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    Morning @Beaver79!! I hope you have a lovely dinner out <3 Are there lots of you going? 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Teigr
    Glad he’s home in one piece lol 

@ItsJeni
    Good morning sorry to hear you were upset last night, this is a safe place if you ever need to talk. I hope you feel better soon.

@Beaver79
    Hi I’m feeling better today my machines playing up but the hospital told me not to worry about it if it keeps beeping to turn off for a while, which I have been doing anyway.
    Oh yes no dog walks for you kept you. I hope you have an amazing night later.
    Im going up to visit my mum for a couple of hours. 

❤️
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Empowering
    I received some very sad news, someone young in our extended family final days came to an end, he had MD, everyone will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow and my heart breaks for his parents but they don’t want sadness they want to celebrate his life. I’m thankful for the time that everyone got to share with an incredible young man who brought sunshine to everyone who met him. 
    Tonight I will carry on and support a friend who is celebrating her birthday there is a group of us going to a 80’s night, I don’t feel like but I feel I can’t let her down, I will just leave early. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,309 Online Community Coordinator
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Zimba, my condolences.  I shall raise a glass to them tomorrow in their honour. <3   We're all here if you need to talk things through.  But I hope you have a wonderful time tonight, being around others may help a bit? 
  • ItsJeni
    ItsJeni Community member Posts: 25 Contributor
    I'm going to try and talk about things a little bit if that's ok... I'm not a very good talker when things get bad and things are very bad.

I've got hEDS, chronic urticaria with anaphylaxis, chronic pain, straightening in my C and L spine - I've lost the natural curve completely, cardiac issues, and the other day they discovered potential thyroid cancer. I've not been able to walk since 2011 without aids and I've currently got a massive pain flare up in my spine where I cannot move my neck and I severely limited movement in my arms so I'm stuck in one place. I live alone and have no help. I've not been able to brush my hair or teeth in 4/5 days and I've only been able to change my clothes once. I don't have any physical help and my partner lives 3.5 hours away and hung up on me when I told him about the potential thyroid cancer because he's struggling to cope with it all too.

There's a lot more than this but i don't think it's fair to dump everything on you all. 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Zimba
    Im so sorry for the loss of your relative such a terrible disease, I also hope tonight helps take your mind off it even a little bit. 
    Look after yourself. 

@ItsJeni
    Im so sorry for all your health issues you’re dealing with. Have you put in for an Occupational Therapist to come out and asses your needs. 
    They should be able to help you get carers in or whatever help you’re needing.
    It’s a lot to deal with on your own.
    Take care.
    If my information on the OT is incorrect I’m sure someone with more knowledge will come along and help. Good luck. 

❤️
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,024 Online Community Coordinator
    Really sorry to hear that @Zimba, he sounds like a special person and it's a nice idea to celebrate his life. Hope you're still able to enjoy some of the party tonight.

Sorry you're going through so much @ItsJeni, that sounds really difficult. I find it really hard to share sometimes too, but it often feels good to get it off your shoulders and feel listened to. Do you think you'd like some help at home? It might be worth thinking about having a needs assessment if you're really struggling. They might be able to suggest some things to make life easier for you and help you get the care you need. And don't worry about dumping things on us, we're all here to offer support to each other during hard times <3 
  • ItsJeni
    I have no idea how to go about getting help. I don't know where to start and my GP keeps brushing me off. All they've done is make a new referral to the pain clinic and orthopedics and give me pain relief which isn't helping. 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 568 Championing
    Afternoon Scopicles from guess where?

No not Stresco's ((other supermarkets are available) but hospital again!

Mr has eye appointment and it took 10 mins walk to get to the department. Aching badly but thinking of steps I've put in. 

@ItsJeni sorry you are having a tough time. The admins are great and proper advice is what you need. 

Have a good afternoon in this rotten weather my friends. 
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,441 Championing
    We've just been for a quick walk around the marina,the rest of the day will be spent basking in the aroma of wet spaniel.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,441 Championing
    I'm sure the admins here will have some advice for you @ItsJeni,sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of it.
  • ItsJeni
    @Teigr are you able to post photos of your spaniel? I love animals. Please give them a scratch between the ears for me ❤️
  • ItsJeni
    @Rosie_Scope I used the link you put and have submitted an online form to the council but it will take 3 working days to process. Not sure I can manage 5 days let alone the time from that point to arrange support.  I've asked my neighbour for some help this afternoon but it's a bit much to ask them for personal care when I don't know them well. 
  • Zimba
    @Teigr
    What an adorable dog you have,  Dog is 12 years old now And very much part of the family, They are a blessing. 
  • Zimba
    @Teigr

Sorry missed the My dog that should read 
  • Zimba
    @ItsJeni
    Sorry to read you’re going through such a tough time, I hope you find the support you need.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    Zimba said:
    I received some very sad news, someone young in our extended family final days came to an end, he had MD, everyone will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow and my heart breaks for his parents but they don’t want sadness they want to celebrate his life. I’m thankful for the time that everyone got to share with an incredible young man who brought sunshine to everyone who met him. 
    Tonight I will carry on and support a friend who is celebrating her birthday there is a group of us going to a 80’s night, I don’t feel like but I feel I can’t let her down, I will just leave early. 
    My heart's broken for you all @Zimba, I love that they will be celebrating his life and choosing that over sadness but it must be so incredibly hard for you all <3

Are you having to dress up for the 80's night tonight??