How is your day going?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    @ItsJeni, is it possible for your mother to come stay with you a while as things are so bad? Or for you to go to her for a little bit??

Night night @Sandy_123 sleep well!

@chiarieds I love Shadow's little ginger patch around their nose!!!! So cute! Cats are really growing on me <3 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,456 Championing
    edited March 2
    Don't be fooled by Shadow's innocent looks @Biblioklept - her vet says her ginger bits on either side of her nose are her 'moustache.' She's incredibly loving, but has a penchant for biting through wires.... I'm 3 kettles down, one anglepoise lamp, & a media player! She also has a thing about biting the tops off biros.
    @ItsJeni - has it been looked into that you might also have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS)? This can be a comorbidity of EDS.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@chiarieds
    Hi yes I’m doing better thanks, and I hope your keeping well. Aww Shadow is a beauty. 😊

@Biblioklept
    Aww I’m glad your having a lovely night.
     Oh and I meant how much fun we would all have if we went on holiday together 😎😂

@Sandy_123
    Goodnight

❤️

• Biblioklept
    I refuse to believe it @chiarieds, she looks way too innocent for that!! :D I used to be terrible for chewing up biros so I understand her desire, although I draw the line at electrical wires! I never really thought of cats as loving, I always heard they were massively independent and didn't like being being pet and stuff, but all these kitties just look so lovely and friendly! <3
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,946 Championing
    goodnight all have a good sleep.hope you all have a restfull night x
  • Biblioklept
    Night night @Grinchy hope you have a peaceful sleep <3
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,456 Championing
    Shadow was abandoned near me with her Mum & brother (who both now have great homes nearby). She is my first cat, & I had lots to learn, but she shows so much affection she's surprised me, tho it might just because I'm the source of her food! Cats are also supposed to be very good for people that are on the autistic spectrum.
    Shadow's an outdoor girl, so sort of independent; she doesn't like being picked up, but is named Shadow as she follows me around, & is really lovely.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Ada
    I hope you manage to get some sleep. 🥰

@Beaver79
    Aww so glad you had a great night with your family.

Goodnight my friends ❤️
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,441 Championing
    Good night everyone.

Sleep well.
  • ItsJeni
    ItsJeni Community member Posts: 25 Contributor
    @Biblioklept unfortunately not. She's trying to move house, has a nervous cat, and it struggling financially so taking her away from her job isn't an option. Me going to her isn't an option either due to being in different health boards. I have a few medical appointments coming up here and I can't move them. 

@chiarieds yes, PoTS is being considered but they're trying to solve the fluid issues first.

Good night all. Heres hoping tomorrow is just a little better ❤️
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 565 Championing
    And it's goodnight from me Scopicles see you/talk to you tomorrow 
  • Grinchy
    So i'm up at stupid oclock, just couldn't settle, my mind was working overtime with intrusive thoughts, my anxiety is through the roof, anyway going to get on the couch and take it easy, watch a movie, something daft, lol, i hope you all had a good rest
  • Grinchy
    thanks @Ada, sorry you had a bad night to, i hope we can rest today, take care xx
  • Biblioklept
    She sounds lovely @chiarieds <3, I really am going to look more into getting a cat. I never considered it an option before but it doesn't have the pressure of walks like a dog does so maybe it's an option for me! What is the hardest part of owning a cat?

I'm so happy you had a lovely evening out @Beaver79!! You deserve it. How do restaurants accommodate such big groups do you end up on separate tables or do they have places for large groups? 

Aww @ItsJeni, sorry it wasn't a good suggestion and your mum is having problems too :( Could paid help be an option for you? Like a mobile hairdresser to wash hair and stuff? I hope today is better for you <3 

Hope everyone got a good sleep, sorry I wasn't about to say night when you all left @Ada, @Beaver79, @Lou67, @Teigr, @Marydoll5
  • Biblioklept
    Morning @Grinchy, my night was a bit like that too, I'm sorry your mind wasn't playing nice <3 Did you find a good movie to watch? I had a bit of a jump start to the day, with an early morning visit from my gardener that I forgot I arranged so feeling not very rested at all! Punishment for getting such a good sleep the night before maybe :D 

• Biblioklept
    Morning everyone! :) Hope everyone got a good night sleep last night!! 

@Lou67 how's your leg today? I saw people say about a noisy machine but I'm not really sure what's happened and this page moves so quick it can be hard to look back. I hope you're okay? <3

@Sandy_123 it's another rainy day here, I hope your storm has passed and it's sunny and bright today!!
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,441 Championing
    Morning all.
  • Biblioklept
    Morning @Teigr :) Happy Sunday!!! Anything planned for you and Mr Teigr today? <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,993 Championing
    She sounds lovely @chiarieds <3, I really am going to look more into getting a cat. I never considered it an option before but it doesn't have the pressure of walks like a dog does so maybe it's an option for me! What is the hardest part of owning a cat?

@chiarieds cat, Shadow is so adorable! Don't believe anything she says. ;):D My daughter just loves her! I know she would take her home if she could  :D 

Cats are amazing for Autistic people. I don't know how my daughter would cope without our cat in our life. He just makes her so happy. Actually, it's not just our cat, it's any cat. If we are out and she sees a cat she will always walk towards it to say hello and try to smooth it. 

Is there anything hard about owning a cat? No, I don't think there is because they are quite independent. 

I see in another comment where you said you would be worried about letting them out. Have you thought about an indoor cat? My cat Alfie is indoor, though I do let him in the garden for a chew of the grass when it's not raining. He never jumps up the fence to run off either. 

Alfie is a Siamese and they love company, they do not like to be left alone for hours on end. They are very friendly and talkative too. 

If you did decide to have a cat would it be a kitten or an older cat? A kitten would be nice because you could bring him/her up the way you want to and learn to love each other. Though they are very playful of course. An older cat, depending on age wouldn't be as playful. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,298 Online Community Coordinator
    Morning folks! Looks like I've got a lot of chat to catch up on, which I love to see. :)

I won't tag everyone, but I hope everyone's doing great today. <3 

(I agree, Shadow looks like a total angel and not at all like a killer in disguise)