How is your day going?

Comments

• speedshrew
    speedshrew Community member Posts: 29 Contributor
    Honestly, I like days like this-stops me from falling down the Youtube rabbit hole which I admit is an awful habit when my brain goes off on a tangent!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,184 Championing
    How @66Mustang I'm catching the train home tomorrow hope no strikes 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,626 Championing

@Sandy_123
    Morning thanks it’s the shortest I’ve had it for a long time it’s just sitting on my shoulders but looks more healthy.
    When are you back home.

@66Mustang
    Hi I hope your doing good today.

@Beaver79
    Hi I hope your well. 

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,184 Championing
    I'm travelling back tomorrow @Lou67 getting the train in afternoon bet your excited at your new mattress 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator
    The hair looks fab @Lou67 !
  • Albus_Scope
    Awww, it'll be weird I bet @Ada but also lovely as you'll have enough hands to pet all the dogs now. ;)
  • Albus_Scope
    Oh no! Is it time to break out the sticky tape? 
  • Albus_Scope
    Tadaaaaa!  There you go. :) 
  • Lou67

I hope yous all have a nice afternoon I’m just going to take a slow walk up to my mums. 

@Sandy_123
    Aww that’s good another day with your family. 
    My mattress arrived it looks so high up I’ve kept one off my old mattress as I had 2 🙄 just because the base off my beds really low so al try it out tonight if I think I don’t need the old one my son will take it round the back to be uplifted with the other one. 

@Ada
    Aww that’s good your going to get a bit off your hair it definitely makes it look and feel healthier as it just ends up to long and heavy.
    Ih no I hope your partner can fix your glasses.

@Albus_Scope
    Thank you, I hope your doing good. 

❤️
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,431 Championing
    @Lou67 channelling her inner Princess and The Pea with multiple mattresses.
  • Lou67
    Ada said:
    You ok @Lou67 I haven’t left my lou out. Did mention you earlier. Perhaps your visiting xx
    We must’ve posted at the same time Ada lol I’m good just going a walk up my mums soon. ❤️
  • Lou67
    Teigr said:
    @Lou67 channelling her inner Princess and The Pea with multiple mattresses.
    I had to google that Teigr 😂😂😂
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    Ada said:
    @rubin16 How you feeling this afternoon after a good sleep are you any better. We were all worried about you last night. xx

@Marydoll5 I truly hope your feeling better today. What have you both been doing today. 
    I’m trying to get my lazy self motivated to find the strength to dust hoover and dog walk. But so tired. xx

still don't feel 100% but better than yesterday, I'm just relaxing today and taking it easy. Thanks for asking though hope you have a good day.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    still feel drowsy though, just hope my crohns doesn't flare again. I'm not on medication for my crohns at the moment just steroids which stop today. I was on Adalimumab injections for years but grew antibodies to it so it no longer works, and waiting to hear if I can go on infliximab as long as I don't have antibodies to that.
  • Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,497 Championing
    My days not going great 
    One of my elderly cats is sick.  I used to have 9 pensioners, now I have only 3 as the others sadly passed away 

Bruce is almost 12 and he has chronic cat flu, stomatitis and now 1bof his eyes pupil is dilated 

I. Did take him to the vets and they looked in his eye and saw nothing serious 

But he's losing weight rapidly despite eating via me and a Spoon   lol r a horse 

He's only a small cat but lost a kilo in weight 
    I asked vets twice to dk bloods only to be told we are busy   then told by a vet who looked 16 if he loses anymore weight then we can do bloods  then. Prob euthanize 

Well that's not what I want to hear 
    He was sick when I. Got him aged 3 months. But I. Dudbt know that then 

I've nursed him almost 12 years 
    He's the sweetest cat ever
    He's not vomiting no. Diahrhea not drinking excessive or peeing lots  so surely that rules put kidneys liver thyroid 
    That's what vets test for 

Does anyone hete have a thyroid problem and what are the symptoms 

I have very little money and even. Though I. Go, to the pdsa, blood test s not free 
    I'm. Just worried they'd suggest euthanasia 

I live alone and cats are my family 
    I've lost 9 cats since 2016
    I want to save Bruce 
    But he's a bag of bones  can see his spine and ribs despite him. Eating 6 tins of food a day. That's a lot 
    He's not gaining weight 

His eye looks awful 
    I'm. Been. Using eye drops not working 
    I'm. Very upset and don't know what to do 
    I have nobody so that why I like to chat on hete as your all wonderful people 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,644 Online Community Programme Lead
    edited April 17
    Ada said:
    Where’s that lovely @Adrian_Scope is he poorly holiday or hiding in the background 
    They don't let me out to play very often @Ada, ;) that very mean @Albus_Scope keeps me locked up

But I'm always here working in the background! How are things with you? 

• Albus_Scope
    It's true, @Adrian_Scope often cant be trusted to play for too long.  ;)
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing
    Hi everyone Glad to report that I feel less tired today. Got very broken sleep but must have been enough. I'm at gp for Mr to get blood tests and picking up script at chemist.

He got phoned to go to MRI tomorrow as there's been a cancellation so that's tomorrow afternoon taken care of. It's of the brain so hoping it's in preparation for surgery.

I'm going to try and fill 2 black bags when I get home. Little every day is what I'm aiming for to keep momentum going. 

@Sandy_123 safe journey home 
    @Lou67 enjoy new mattress
    Have a good afternoon @Ada snd everyone 
  • Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,497 Championing
    Ada said:
    I’m so sorry @Amberpearl
    I’m sorry for you and your sadness. Sometimes in our life’s we can love our animals so much that we have to do what’s right for them and not what’s right for us. 
    I know if it were Betty I would want to keep her alive and with me. It truly would be the end for me to lose her.  At what ever cost to her. But love really can be a selfish emotion. You have loved and taken care of your fur babies so very much. And you love them like anyone ever could. But if the poor cat is suffering and a lot of our pets don’t cry out in pain it’s in their dna to hide their pain. You know you have so much love that you will do what you believe is the right thing. 
    Thinking of you loads. Your in my heart. 
    Sending hugs 🤗 

Ada said:
    I’m so sorry @Amberpearl
    I’m sorry for you and your sadness. Sometimes in our life’s we can love our animals so much that we have to do what’s right for them and not what’s right for us. 
    I know if it were Betty I would want to keep her alive and with me. It truly would be the end for me to lose her.  At what ever cost to her. But love really can be a selfish emotion. You have loved and taken care of your fur babies so very much. And you love them like anyone ever could. But if the poor cat is suffering and a lot of our pets don’t cry out in pain it’s in their dna to hide their pain. You know you have so much love that you will do what you believe is the right thing. 
    Thinking of you loads. Your in my heart. 
    Sending hugs 🤗 
    I need to know why he's getting thin first  via blood tests
    chiarieds said:
    Your hair looks absolutely lovely @Lou67
    You're doing amazing @Marydoll5 - don't beat yourself up, as you've had a lot going on for quite some time. I do think that having a tidy house helps you mentally; too much 'stuff' can be exhausting. I've just gone through a major declutter myself, which I've been longing to do, but had to wait until my son could take this to a charity shop. I'm sure you'll feel better when you get it done :)
    Hope you feel better soon @rubin16
    Oof @66Mustang - with dogs, things can happen at the most unexpected times! Your comment about age rang true with me. Chronologically I'm older than Ada, but am still (permanently) 27 in my head! My son was just saying how well I was doing yesterday when he & his wife, & little dog, went on a dog walk with me to encourage my neighbour's little dog to go on a longer dog walk. Age is just a number, & he also comes out with pearls of wisdom that my x years are just the new 50! He's a little older than you, but how did that happen as I'm only 27? You're also never too old to change, & keep on learning, I've found.
    Hi @Amberpearl - as Albus said, PIP assessments are quite draining, but you've got through it, & all credit to you. :) It can take anywhere up to 12 weeks to get your decision letter, but some do obviously get them earlier.
    12 weeks seriously? Omg   I. Thought I'd here from them in a week

I. Did my best I was honest 
    Will. Have to. Wait and see
  • Albus_Scope
    Hey @Amberpearl the PIP wait times can be very long, so the best thing you can do (which is really hard I know) is just try to put it to the back of your mind for now and be extra gentle with yourself. 

I'm really hoping you've put them all on at the same time @Ada :D