How is your day going?

Comments

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,497 Championing
    Good morning everyone 

I'm. Still worried about felix and Bruce as both elderly with health issues 
    Felix has a long wait til 24th may for bloods and xray to find out if the lump in his mouth is an abcess or cancer 

He seems bright enough ate up  clean and grooming 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,624 Championing

Morning I hope everyone has a lovely day whatever your plans are. 

I’m watching 2 off my granddaughters after for a couple off hours, there’s a park just the next street down from me so I will take them there for a wee while.

@Ada
    Hi I hope you had a decent sleep I was awake a while again not sure why. 

@66Mustang
    I hope your feeling better today and hope you enjoy getting out for your granny’s shopping. 

@Sandy_123
    Hope you can enjoy the sunshine it’s to get to 22 degrees here about lunchtime. 

@Teigr
    I hope your able to enjoy the nice weather to. 

❤️
  • Amberpearl
    I had a text 10 minutes ago from dwp
    Said we have received the written report re your pip assessment 
    Please allow up to 8 weeks for a decision 
    We will write to you
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Thanks @Albus_Scope I didn't know you used it as well!!! That's all the kind of thing I wanted to know really, I don't really know what rules sharing this would break but I do respect you have to follow the rules even if they are silly. It's really encouraging to hear that from you as I've seen from your posts that you are neurodivergent and also have to live with some anxiety issues 

Do they offer lots of things that are super irrelevant or do they try to tailor it to your needs??

I know the big thing today is "focus on what someone CAN do not what they CAN'T" but I think what someone can't do is really important because that's why we are out of work in the first place and need something that can work around those limitations

Do you get offered jobs with lots of employers?? I imagine Scope is one of the first to want to encourage disabled people but are there lots of others as well?

Sorry for all the questions
  • Amberpearl
    That's a long time 
    I applied early feb. Had my assessment 3 weeks ago 
    Fingers crossed 

Just I read it's very hard to get and most people are declined

I've bills to pay 
  • 66Mustang
    edited May 10
    @Amberpearl is this for PIP or for income benefits??

If you look online it will seem most people are declined but in reality I think most are accepted

If you think about it if someone is accepted they don't need to post online so you won't hear from them, using the internet as a data source is not the best idea as the proportion of successful to unsuccessful claimants making posts is naturally very biased and skewed

Good luck and keep your fingers crossed
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing
    I'd like to do some gardening @Lou67,but there's a ton of housework and ironing waiting to be tackled.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator
    @66Mustang Access to work seems to be more about helping disabled people who're in work. So I've had a grant for work coaching especially tailored for neuro-divergent people, some software for when my brain just refuses to read, etc. It's all been super useful and they tailor it all to the individual.
      But for getting into work, don't forget we have Support to work, which has been great for loads of disabled people get into work. :)

As hard as it is @Amberpearl I'd try to put PIP out of your mind for a while, it takes ages and I found dwelling on it just made my mental health a lot worse. Even _if_ you are declined, we're all here to help you if you wanted to go for a mandatory reconsideration or tribunal. :) And I'm still keeping everything crossed for your little ones. <3 

Hope you have a fab time at the park @Lou67
  • Teigr
    It's like that old saying about tradesmen isn't it @66Mustang?

If someone does a good job you'll tell half a dozen people, if they do a bad job you'll tell the world.

• Lou67

@Teigr
    Could you not put the housework off till tomorrow as the weather might not be as nice then.

@Amberpearl
    I hope you can trying put it out off your mind easier said than done I know. I hope you have a good outcome with your pip as I know how much it’ll help you.

@Albus_Scope
    Lovely having you with us today. I hope you can get out in your garden for a bit.

❤️
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator
    Well said @Teigr you tend to only hear the horror stories, not the good stuff. 

And I recommend doing a bit of gardening as breaks from the housework. ;) 
  • Teigr
    I think the forecast for the weekend is good @Lou67,I really do need to crack on with cleaning though;the carpenter fitted some new skirting board on Wednesday and I'm still finding sawdust everywhere.

• 66Mustang
    @Albus_Scope oh that makes sense, I've never worked before so I guess it's not aimed at me. Maybe it should be called Support in Work :tongue: I will have a look at the Scope service though as I didn't really know about that!!

@Lou67 sorry I missed your post, I hope you have a lovely day and thanks, I am just off to walk the dog now :blush: 

@Teigr that is very true!! I have some tradespeople in my family and they say you need to do like 100 good jobs to offset the bad press you get as a result of bodging something :D 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,155 Championing
    edited May 10
    Morning @Lou67 that's a shame a restless night again, enjoy the grankiddies and the park.

@Amberpearl grooming and eating is a good sign
    Fingers crossed 

@teigr I would enjoy the sun while we got it

My son just cut the front lawn, can't believe it had grown so quick from last cut. Hopefully he does the back after work. 
    @Albus_Scope morning 

@66Mustang found another bees nest in front wall bumble bees these 1s still have managed to get a pic of the masonry bee at the back

• Lou67

@Teigr
    Oh I understand how the dust will be annoying you. Hopefully you can enjoy the sunshine over the weekend.

@Sandy_123
    Thats good your son got the front grass cut and fingers crossed 🤞🏾 the back garden later on.
    Im not sure why my sleeps been disturbed lately, but last night my legs were really sore and tight feeling down the bottom.
    I’ve been trying to push myself lately but I think I might’ve overdone it yesterday. 

❤️
  • Teigr
    I need compost before I can do anything in the garden @Sandy_123,I still haven't potted all the plants I bought almost four weeks' ago.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,971 Online Community Coordinator
    Morning everyone :) hope you're all getting a good dose of sunshine <3
  • Teigr
    Yep @Lou67,every time I think I've got it all cleaned up I find more.

I was hoping to start wallpapering this weekend but Mr Teigr will be farting around with I can't remember what so I'll have to stay out of his way.
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    I remember when my mum got the real herringbone floor put in she was finding dust for weeks afterwards 🤦‍♀️ yes best to stay out off Mr Teigrs way lol 

@Rosie_Scope
    Good morning I hope your keeping good and also enjoying the sunshine ☀️ 

❤️
  • Teigr
    Morning @Rosie_Scope and @Beaver79,the forecast for Monday is awful.

The primroses could do with a slurp mind so I won't complain too much.