1st Job centre experience for 4 years — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

1st Job centre experience for 4 years

Options
EDW
EDW Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi all. I went to the job centre on Monday with my mental health worker and a letter from my mental health team explaining that the best I could do currently was to volunteer a few hours a week due to  impending intense recovery treatment twice a week . It was a work focused interview. I relapsed in the Autumn after an assault in August and was hospitalised for 12 weeks in a mental health unit.
The attitude of the dwp agent I saw was appalling initially . I was bombarded with questions like why did you not update your uc journal about your health and circumstances when you were ill? Why the change of mind looking for paid work? If my mental health worker wasn't supporting me, I swear I would have been deemed as fit for work. If you are under a mental health team, I seriously recommend utilising the support you may be able to get for job centre visits. Fortunately the agent backed down once my mental health worker spoke on my behalf and explained the situation and that was with a letter too. She is now not contacting me until May over the telephone rather than a face to face. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.