Advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed

Options
carteroo5
carteroo5 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi I received this today, Does this mean I've been awarded LCWRA, Was on LCW did an MR but was denied LCWRA and left on LCW, Went to tribunal and received this

1. The appeal is allowed.
2. The decision made by the Secretary of State on 15/05/2023 is set aside.
3. ******* is to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity.
The matter is now remitted to the Secretary of State to make a final decision upon 
entitlement to Universal Credit (UC).
4. The Secretary of State has accepted that ******* has limited capability for 
work. This was not in issue.
5. No activity or descriptor from Schedule 7 of the UC Regulations 2013 was 
satisfied but Schedule 9, paragraph 4 of the UC Regulations applied.
6. The tribunal applied Schedule 9, paragraph 4 because there would be a 
substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if the appellant were 
found not to have limited capability for work-related activity.
7. By reason of mental health conditions ******* is significantly limited. As a 
result, the above Schedule 6 descriptors are satisfied. Nevertheless they do not 
satisfy any Schedule 7 descriptors. However, if they were found capable of work 
related activities, this would result in a substantial risk to their mental health.
8. No party has objected to the matter being decided without a hearing.
9. Having considered the appeal bundle to page E2 and the requirements of rules 2
and 27 of the Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal)(Social Entitlement Chamber) 
Rules 2008 the Tribunal is satisfied that it is able to decide the case in this way.
10. Any recommendation given below does not form part of the Tribunal's decision 
and is not binding on the Secretary of State. The Tribunal recommends that the 
Department reassesses ******* within 12 months from today's date.

My first sicknote was back in Feb 2023

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, it’s means you were found to have LCWRA. Thats great news! It can take DWP up to about 8 weeks to put the award into payment and pay any money that’s owed to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carteroo5
    Options
    Yes, it’s means you were found to have LCWRA. Thats great news! It can take DWP up to about 8 weeks to put the award into payment and pay any money that’s owed to you. 
    Thank you so much for your reply, I'm so relieved to have the extra help now as I was living on £35 a week 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Congratulations on a successful tribunal @carteroo5, that must be quite a relief. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • carteroo5
    Options
    Congratulations on a successful tribunal @carteroo5, that must be quite a relief. 
    Thank you, And yes very much so 🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.