Received Backpay and PIP 'Yearly Update' Letter BEFORE My Award Letter? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received Backpay and PIP 'Yearly Update' Letter BEFORE My Award Letter?

Options
Sharnie
Sharnie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone,

I applied for PIP and was successful, having been back paid last Wednesday (3rd April) what was owed since I applied in November last year, but have not received my decision letter yet nor any kind of confirmation besides the money in the bank.

Today, I received the "Yearly update" letter confirming that my PIP was increasing due to the April start of the next tax year (letter dated 31 March).
Is my award letter lost somehow? How have I managed to get this "Yearly update" before my actual award letter through the same postal service? It's mind-boggling! 

And I need that letter so I can apply for my blue badge etc. Has it ever been this long for that letter to arrive that others have come through before it? Should I ring for another one to be sent? Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Sharnie hi and welcome to scope if the money is in the bank you have the award, DWP letters are a law onto themselves but they should arrive if they don't this week you can phone and ask.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sharnie
    Sharnie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @Sharnie hi and welcome to scope if the money is in the bank you have the award, DWP letters are a law onto themselves but they should arrive if they don't this week you can phone and ask.
    Hi, thank you! I appreciate the welcome. That alleviates my fear, I hope it comes soon. I want to get on with my life and sort out my badge and things. Oh well, we shall see. 
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 289 Pioneering
    Options
    Sharnie said:
    woodbine said:
    Hi, thank you! I appreciate the welcome. That alleviates my fear, I hope it comes soon. I want to get on with my life and sort out my badge and things. Oh well, we shall see. 
    I was in the exact same position as you and got an update letter last week but no award letter ……… the award letter arrived this week though, over a month after I got the back pay in my account. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.