Independant impartial review of therapies available? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Independant impartial review of therapies available?

mamafee
mamafee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
As I'm sure many people are, we're a bit bombarded by the different therapies available and wondering if there's ever been any kind of impartial review done of them all?

It's a minefield out there!

Thanks

Comments

• Bongyorno
    Bongyorno Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi,
    I can understand your confusion about all the therapies. Unfortunatelly I can't help which is good, which is not, which is the best, because I'm working as a conductor, developing children with CP through conductive eduation, so this answer cant be impartial:)
    But what I would suggest: to get your own experiences with therapies because one is working to one child, but maybe not the right one to the other. Unortunatelly the best way to find out which is the best to your child, is to be part of it.
    But the common important thing is to start as soon as you can.

Conductive Education is a learning process not a therapy/treatment. An educational philosophy not allowing a child to be inactive, negative or uninvolved in a normal life style/ solutions to problems in life and living. Con. Ed. embraces learning & dev.of movement, speech & mental ability, based on the theory that motor disabled children learn in the same way as their peers. No matter how brain damaged a child can learn.

there are a lot of places in the UK, where you can find COnductive Education centres, like Step and Learn charity in Kent, which provides free service.
    if you have any question, dont hesitate to ask.:)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.