Hi, my name is rebeccahinton2! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rebeccahinton2!

rebeccahinton2
rebeccahinton2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Am feeling a little vulnerable have another blood test was looking for volunteer assistant within scope

Comments

• Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Courageous

Hi @rebeccahinton2 and welcome to the community. Do you want to tell us more about your blood test?

Could you also tell us more about what you would like from Scope? Are you looking to volunteer or do you mean that you would like help and support with something from one of the Scope team? If we could have more details we can have a clearer idea of how we can best help you. Thank you.

• rebeccahinton2
    rebeccahinton2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Well I'm almost petrified of more blood being taken I've had my esa stopped and was looking for help with that I'm not really in a position to volenteer altho some may think so I hope that helps make it clearer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rebeccahinton2 welcome to the community, I feel like you have a few different issues here.

Your ESA has been stopped. Do you know why? What have they said to you?

You are scared of having blood taken. Is this due to happen at hospital or your GP? Can you speak to them about your worries beforehand? If it is the fear of pain, they can often use a numbing cream. If you are scared of the needles, you arent alone and they do understand that people have those fears. Could you take a friend or family member with you?

Volunteering - Im a bit confused Im afraid as to what you mean? Can you explain a bit more?

If you would like to speak to someone, you can call the Scope helpline on 08088003333.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.