I am very depressed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am very depressed

Jazzguitar
Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
And I can't sleep. I live alone in Plymouth Devon. What help can I get? Neville DOB 17th April 1955

Comments

• haylou
    haylou Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Doctor's visit they can offer all sorts as a first port of call like counselling, antidepressants if it's really bad more things than that, keep busy when you can't sleep until you feel yourself getting sleepy.I suffered from insomnia before I had children and it's very difficult I couldn't drop to sleep till 3 am which made it difficult to get up for 7am and led to me being disorganised.
    Later I got slleping tablets they helped but sometimes they were strong and I couldn't wake up on time, thus I was disorganised at university.
    Insomnia is a nasty problem but your go can help I'm sure
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @jazzguitar,

Have you spoken to your GP about how you feel? As @haylou mentions above, they may be able to signpost you to places where you can receive further help and support.
    Liam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jane_Scope can you offer any support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.