Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Complex PTSD and no help available
I need some advice please. I have been under the mental health services for years after experiencing many traumatic events throughout my life. I recently had an assessment done by the local IAPT service who said they couldn't help as my problem was outside their expertise. They wrote to my GP who I went to see expecting to be referred to a different mental health service. She said she would make some enquiries and get back to me. She rang today to say there was no funding available and that my only option was to go private. I cannot believe that is my only choice. Apart from wanting help to overcome the way this condition limits what I can and cannot do, I also need a diagnosis in writing for benefit purposes, which I have so far not got as the letter IAPT wrote did not suggest any diagnosis. Even though I was told verbally during the assessment that I have Complex PTSD. Can you suggest any way I can move forward without having to pay a fortune for the long term councilling treatment I've been told I need.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.