Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is nan_to_2girls!
Hi I have just won my appea and was awarded the higher ratel.I have heard nothing since.I don't know what to do now.I phoned the PIP up and got a really snotty lady who never even pulled my files up but just told me that they have 28 days to appeal the decision.A friend told me to ring back later so i did and got a really nice lady who pulled my files up and told me they received it on the 10th November but that i need to be aware that they can appeal.I told her i had someone from the DWP sitting next to me at the hearing and she did not contest anything when asked..Then she told me it can take 5 to 10 days but to just keep checking my bank account..do i need to phone the DWP about my claim or just keep waiting i don't know what i should do? kind regards nan to 2girls
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.