Mobility of Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility of Pip

beves
beves Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have just put in an appeal to HMCTS as for 12 years I was awarded high rate with DLA and now with pip its been reduced to the standard rate and I will loose my car, CAB have told me that if I carry on with the appeal I could loose all of it which includes standard rate for living, which I've never had before,To me this seems like a threat from the DWP that if I challenge their decision they might take the lot off me ,it seems as if they make the rules up to suit themselves,  never mind how many lives they distroy in the process, has anyone got any info on this. beves.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Beves
    The tribunal service is completely independent from the DWP,they will look at the evidence in front of them,both yours and the assessors report.You will be asked a number of questions regarding your claim and be given an opportunity to put your case to them.
    They will make their decision on the information presented that day.
    The tribunal alone will decide on a ruling and if they feel your case is not strong enough they can lower your award.
    Remember to send all your evidence even if it seems insignificant.Make sure you have someone with you for support and keep a diary beforehand noting down all difficulties you have.
    Good luck.Debsidoo.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.