Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Fredupws!
I just had a DWP compliance interview which was horrendous and what I consider a breach of fundamental protections and harassment. At the start of the interview 3pm it was an agreed three way discussion and on speaker. The interview was conducted without regard for disabilities and guaranteed rights AND PROTECTIONS, lasting over two hours? It made me feel violated and stressed me so much the interview had to be terminated by me. I am a live in carer for a profoundly disabled woman, blind and wheel chair reliant; with type 1 diabetes for over 50 years. She has CKD stage 4, heart disease, vascular disease, requiring 14 tabs morning 5 night. The poor lady has enough issues ahead of her just to get through each day. The complex problem with this lady is that I am her ex-partner which is complicated to explain. We stopped being partners after 2010 when she became very critically unwell in a coma for three months. I had no support, had a breakdown, lost my business, my house, everything. The family all but run for the hills, and the only support I had was this lady, reliant on me; still her best friend. I have stayed loyal and supportive out of love as the alternatives are too horrible for this lady. The DWP are hounding us now which I find very difficult to deal with on a human level and the hypocrisy of GOVERNMENT who disregard all Rights and Regulations of the disabled without any respect for the law. I delivered a cease and desist notice as a last resort, thinking it would stop the behaviour but they ignore everything. Has anyone any advice and been, or going through; what is discrimination and criminal acts. Please if anyone knows of any support or can signpost me I would be most grateful. If you are wondering, this is the first reach out cry for help feeling very depressed and intrusive thoughts. Thank you.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.