Hi, my name is Fredupws! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fredupws!

Fredupws
Fredupws Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just had a DWP compliance interview which was horrendous and what I consider a breach of fundamental protections and harassment. At the start of the interview 3pm it was an agreed three way discussion and on speaker. The interview was conducted without regard for disabilities and guaranteed rights AND PROTECTIONS, lasting over two hours? It made me feel violated and stressed me so much the interview had to be terminated by me. I am a live in carer for a profoundly disabled woman, blind and wheel chair reliant; with type 1 diabetes for over 50 years. She has CKD stage 4, heart disease,  vascular disease, requiring 14 tabs morning 5 night. The poor lady has enough issues ahead of her just to get through each day. The complex problem with this lady is that I am her ex-partner which is complicated to explain. We stopped being partners after 2010 when she became very critically unwell in a coma for three months. I had no support,  had a breakdown,  lost my business, my house, everything. The family all but run for the hills, and the only support I had was this lady, reliant on me; still her best friend. I have stayed loyal and supportive out of love as the alternatives are too horrible for this lady. The DWP are hounding us now which I find very difficult to deal with on a human level and the hypocrisy of GOVERNMENT who disregard all Rights and Regulations of the disabled without any respect for the law. I delivered a cease and desist notice as a last resort, thinking it would stop the behaviour but they ignore everything. Has anyone any advice and been, or going through; what is discrimination and criminal acts. Please if anyone knows of any support or can signpost me I would be most grateful. If you are wondering,  this is the first reach out cry for help feeling very depressed and intrusive thoughts. Thank you. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Fredupws and welcome

Sounds like you have a situation on your hands

The first obvious thing is that you get f2f advice from CAB or similar. to talk to someone try calling The Scope help line. That is all wel and good to say but you cannot do either until tuesday.

With out wanting to pry, what was the compliance interview regarding ?
    was it under caution ?

Please feel free to rant if it helps we are here to listen, without judgement and help if we can

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Fredupws
    Fredupws Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your help.  The interview was not under caution but was a fact find of both my relationship with the lady I have cared for since 2010. The DWP are harassing both of us so much it is causing stress and anxiety, the likes of which I have not experienced before. It would not suprise me if the next move will be a visit to the address unannounced? I have been under the CMHT having PTSD and other complex issues for many years. Medication has helped me cope well, but the behaviours of individuals have made me very upset within the corridors of Government. I am not alone I know, but I will have some redress with the help of someone or an organisation. What angers me most is when you talk and tell these self styled Nazi's that the lady is not well and needs to eat and medicate insulin, they disregard and don't give a damn. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Fredupws

Sorry I didn't get back sooner

Well that is a good thing , not under caution I mean.

I am guessing that they are trying to say you are living together as partners which can affect the benefits you can claim.

I know that DWP can be unfeeling, they are on the outside looking in as it were and don't understand your situation or how you care for the needs of your ex partner which as you say is complex

I am hear to listen but that seem of little use sometimes. Please do get some f2f advice when you can

I wish you and the lady all the best and do come back any time if I can be of any help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.