PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

ceege4
ceege4 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
Hi Everyone, hope you are all well.
I've been to my PIP Tribunal today and have had the PIP decision regarding my mobility completely overturned for an indefinite period and had the full 12 points awarded!!! It had all been decided before I even got in the room (all over in 10 minutes!!) The judge said because I was born with my disability and with the case I put forward and the overwhelming medical evidence that shows it is only going to get worse, he couldn't understand why my mobility allowance had been stopped and I had had my car taken off me.
No one from PIP attended and the other thing that helped was that PIP had sent out part of someone else's (no names on it)  evidence in the middle of my paperwork. The judge suggested in his report that PIP needed to consider if they had breached the Data Protection Act! 
I broke down in tears when he told me their decision. This has been a long (almost a year), stressful ordeal and I'm so glad it's all over.  I would just like to thank absolutely everyone for their support, words of wisdom, their own stories and their encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you all. If there is anyone out there going through this, dig your heels in and don't give up!!! 
My car went back in November. Does anyone know when I can apply for another car on Motability?
Many thanks!! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.