Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
New Style ESA
Please help! My employment was terminated due to ill health/disability in January 2018. After working full time for 30 years I have no clue with claiming benefits. The process is causing me severe stress, affecting my mental health and the catalogue of errors by DWP, Universal Credit and the Job Centre has been unbelievable. I was set up incorrectly on UC, my sick pay was deducted from the only payment received even though it was not for the qualifying claim period. It also took 6 weeks with absolutely no income to be credited to my account. The claim was then cancelled as new style esa was claimed for. Even though my form was collected on a home visit, I'm bed bound, the form was lost and delayed for 5 weeks. Fit notes sent 3 times before a payment was finally received. I am currently in the assessment period and been 13 weeks since claim. I have returned the medical assessment form. I am on enhanced daily living PIP but been told I won't qualify for disability premiums on Cont New Style ESA? So on income based I could get £188 per week but on New Style £110 per week. All my bills are in arrears with constant phone calls. Please help.. I feel I am being penalised for working previously and in constant tears with no income to survive/food/bills... any advice would be gratefully received Jane
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.