Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Purrpuss!
Actually my name is Gwen but I'm a mad cat lady. I'm 72 and live in Scotland. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which is a genetic condition that causes my body to produce faulty collagen. Collagen is the "glue" that holds ones body together. For people with EDS this doesn't happen (in varying degrees of severity) and we are easily prone to sprains, dislocations, prolapses, hernias, chronic pain and fatigue. Lots of other bizarre things that tend to coexist with EDS such at POTS and craniocervical dysfunction but I won't bore you with those. I have EDS fairly mildly but it's still a pain in the a*se that I could well do without. I'm a retired mental health nurse/social worker, a keen bridge player and volunteer for a couple of animal related charities. I have a lovely, supportive partner and a large, goofy cat.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.