Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
12 weeks wait for pip decision
After waiting 12 weeks for decision on my reassessment they downgraded me and I lost £100.00 a month on the mobilty which i must admit has got worse in fact i just reapplied for my blue badge and got it no problem the asseser said i am a accident waiting to happen anyway i called DWP and they still didnt award it to me so now i am going to court I wouldn't useually do this but I feel very strongly about it I have rheumatoid arthritis and various other illnesses which effect my mobility but I admit I have had sleepless nights since June over this but feel I must see it through its the only thing I claim and have 3 years till can claim my pension at now 66 as I was born 1956 I lost my husband 4 yrs ago and have his personal works pension so I am lucky really but cannot claim sick anymore as I just over the limit with his pension so pip is all I get from the DWP I do feel I have to fight for this I really do ..am I been stupid putting myself through this am I just been stubborn should I just accept it and stop moaning ? .what are your views ?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.