Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I felt I had lost my identity and personality - Any motivation tips?
Hi. I have multiple conditions but the most disabling of these are spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia. I live alone in Devon in a sheltered flat which I love. My partner moved away to be nearer his family. We still have a relationship. I have a grown up son and daughter that I adore. I used to be very active, playing tennis and badminton and swimming regularly. I was known for my high heeled shoes and big handbags. Having to give all that up I felt like I had lost my identity and personality. I have finally come to accept these restrictions but I find it hard to find any motivation on a daily basis. I sit for far too much of the day, telling myself I'll get up in a minute and do this or that! I'd like to hear everyone's journey and any motivational tips. Thank you for reading x
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.