Hi, my name is Kittianna! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kittianna!

Kittianna
Kittianna Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone. I've been diagnosed as having Ankylosing spondylitis with a positive HLA B27 gene. 
I'm 55 and have always suffered with neck back pain on and off from my twenties. 
I went through a number of years of stress and in October 2015 I was struck down with horrendous pain in my groins, my knees, me intercostal muscles and my lower back and neck. 
After a time of being pushed from pillar to post I got my diagnosis. 
I lost my contracted job as a nurse but continue to work as a nurse through our nurse bank system. Basically, zero hours contract , pick and choose shifts , shifts can be cancelled - no sick pay !! I've kept my pension though but as I'm on the final salary one this will be significantly less now as I simply can't put in the necessary hours. 
I qualified for PIP and got it but I queried something , I noticed I had no points for mobility , they then took the lot off me. I'm currently awaiting a tribunal. 
So that's me and I thought it would be good to hear from others who have the same disorder. 
You feel less alone when there are others in the same boat as it were. 
I'm new to forums so not sure how it works. 
So .... Let me give it a whirl ... And get through the novice part without too many hiccups! 
Looking forward to hearing from you all. X ( do I put kisses ?? ) or is that not PC ? Lol. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.