Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

KarenT1988
KarenT1988 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi,
I have my date for my PIP tribunal. I am going to send some new evidence in before but I was just wondering if I have to send original letters or copies? 

Thank you
Karen

Comments

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi,
    I have my date for my PIP tribunal. I am going to send some new evidence in before but I was just wondering if I have to send original letters or copies? 

Thank you
    Karen
    Hi Karen. I am waiting for a tribunal date and I've photocopied all documents and sent in the copies. They turn out to look the same as the originals anyway.. But I wouldn't send originals.
    Good luck with your tribunal.

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Send copies i did that
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Never send originals, always copies. Make sure you put your name and Tribunal reference number on the top of each copy you send. You should also make sure that they are sent to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date. Sending them later than this could cause the Tribunal to adjourn because they may not have time to read that extra evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KarenT1988
    KarenT1988 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Ahh ok I just wasn't sure. I'm so anxious about the tribunal. I've heard they are not very nice and can be rude.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    By nature a tribunal is inquisitorial, their job is to get to the facts of the case. To some people this may seem to be aggresive but unless a climant is forthcoming, and bear in mind that emotions are running high, the tribunal members can seem a little fierce
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    By nature a tribunal is inquisitorial, their job is to get to the facts of the case. To some people this may seem to be aggresive but unless a climant is forthcoming, and bear in mind that emotions are running high, the tribunal members can seem a little fierce
    I have had only one Tribunal appeal. I found that the Chair - judge and the disability person were fine. It was the doctor that was aggressive. Part way through the hearing he asked what would happen if my wife had run out of her pain relief medication (Morphine) and the chemist/GP surgery were closed for the weekend. My answer was that without a prescription from the GP the chemist could not supply the drugs. And as I had the same medication prescribed for me and had a stock of it at home I would use mine for my wife until she could get a replacement on Monday. To me that sounded reasonable and something that I have done before.

All hell broke loose and I was told to leave the room. 10mins or so later I was called back in and was told by the doctor that I was no better than a common drug dealer and the panel were considering reporting me to the police for drug dealing!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.