What do I do? Any advice please after ESA review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do I do? Any advice please after ESA review

Summer76
Summer76 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I recently had a face to face assessment for esa. It was a review as I was already receiving esa and in the support group. 
I got the decision back I still got awarded esa but placed in the wrag group . I sent back the form with a letter asking  for a mandatory reconsideration 
The decision was to keep me in the wrag group. 
The letter included comments made by the assessor who was a nurse , and basically he lied so much I don’t know what to do next . I feel it could have been these lies that possibly decided which group I was to be placed in . I wish I’d had this information before I sent off the M.R. 
The letter was quite rude too really. There was so much information regarding my condition which is depression/anxiety/ personality disorder.But the decision maker said they ‘prefer the evidence given by the assessor ‘ . But half of it was lies . He kept asking me how I was after having operations in the past that I never had .He said I use all household appliances. That wasn’t even spoken about . The main thing that was a joke was that he read from the computer that I had depression/ anxiety/p.d and read out medications I was on along with other information that was all supplied from the g.p. and not just what I put on the form . 
In the letter the assessor made up that I told him all that but I had no evidence to back it up. 
What do I do? Any advice please. Do I go to the Dr’s or CAB . The next step is the Tribunal but I’ve read that can be really scary . 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.