Universal Credit Nightmare — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit Nightmare

blesia
blesia Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited July 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi ? I would like some friendly advice. For years I have been working with mental health problems but last year my mental health became extremely worse that I nearly got sectioned so I am under mental health act and have been getting ‘sick/drs notes’ since 3rd of December since my claim for UC opened and that’s when my first sick note was accepted I also sent in loads of proof from drs and mental health and sent a letter from my dr to medical team to ask for a home visit as I have been so ill. I was then sent a letter to ask me to attend a medical but I gave them a ring and they told me to ignore that letter as they are going to allow me to have a home visit. A month on in April I had 2 letters both being cancelled home visits. Then I heard nothing until the end of May to be told ‘ They have enough information’ and judging by that I won’t need a medical. I then phoned back up around June 14th and was told - You have been awarded from June 11th- I asked what have I been awarded?  They wouldn’t say and told me they are not sure as it is still with decision maker which I found odd as surely if I was awarded it wouldn’t still be with a decision maker? Around 24th of June I phoned up and was told ‘ It still is in Scotland with a decision maker’ my case manager said she would chase it up.  I then phoned up around July asking if there was any news and was told ‘ We will chase it up and when we know what’s going on we will inform you’.     Has anyone else been in this situation or know of anyone who has or maybe have some advice for me. My next UC which is monthly will be 18th of this month and hoping to hear by then the latest. I just feel every time I phone the UC helpline they just don’t know what’s going on. I only want to know what group I’ll be placed in its so frustrating. 

Comments

• GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    blesia said:
    My next UC which is monthly will be 18th of this month and hoping to hear by then the latest. I just feel every time I phone the UC helpline they just don’t know what’s going on. I only want to know what group I’ll be placed in its so frustrating. 
    Hi @blesia ,
    I'm probably not the best qualified to offer advice, but when you say,  "My next UC ...", do you mean interviews with your Work Coach? If so, are they interviews where you must physically attend or are they telephone interviews?
    I'm sure someone more informed will come along soon to advise you.
    Good luck.  :)

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It sounds like they don't know what's going on to me. You should ask if the assessment report has been returned from the health assessment providers, if it has then you'll know for definite that you've had a paper based assessment. If it hasn't then a decision won't be made until it's been returned.

If it's with a decision maker then a decision hasn't yet been made. Once it has been made it will tell you on your journal because they will upload the decision letter onto that.

Hopefully not too long now but there's no timescales to decisions. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.