PIP want to see me even though on enhanced car & mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP want to see me even though on enhanced car & mobility

caroline2468
caroline2468 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I am really concerned as PIP want to do an assessment with me. Ian already on enhanced care and enhanced mobility. My pip claim started in 2017 and since then I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and gout arthritis. Why do they want to see me if I was already on highest rate? Really worried...

Comments

• caroline2468
    Hi, I am really concerned as PIP want to do an assessment with me. I am already on enhanced care and enhanced mobility. My pip claim started in 2017 ending in 2020and since then I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and gout arthritis. Why do they want to see me if I was already on highest rate? Really worried...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,937 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

This will be a standard review of your existing claim and you should have received a review form at some point recently, if your award ends in 2020. Reviews take place about 6 months before the award is due to end, without this then your PIP will end on that date in 2020.

I'm assuming you've received an appointment for a face to face assessment, is that correct? Most people have those during a review. If you returned the form recently then i'm assuming you also sent evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

During the assessment they'll ask you questions about how your conditions affect you and you'll need to verify what you wrote in the form.

Once the assessment is complete a report will be returned to DWP and they will eventually make a new decision on your claim. If you're successfully awarded then you'll have a new award date. If the worst happens and you're not awarded then your PIP will end and you'll have 1 month from the date of that decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR).

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • caroline2468
    I received a review form and filled it out with the 2 new diagnosis. Does pip see a lot of people during the review process. They have assured me that’s it a review claim and not a new claim. I just worried as so many people have said not to report any changes. I only saw all of these comments on here after I had filled out and returned my form.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Just because you where awarded the highest award on both counts dosent mean or make you exempt from further assessments, F2F reviews. Treat this as new PIP claim and send in all new supporting documents, evidence that will be required to keep your current award. Good luck an keep the cummunity updated with your application. 
  • poppy123456
    Did you report changes because you had a new diagnosis? and because of that you were sent more PIP2 forms? If this is what happened then for future reference unless your condition has changed then there's no need to report any changes because you've had a diagnosis because PIP isn't about a diagnosis.

If you were sent forms because you're due a review then reviews always take place 6 months before the award is due to end.

Either way, if you've been sent an appointment to attend a face to face assessment then you will need to attend, if you don't attend then your PIP will stop for failing to attend.

All claims should be classed as a new claim by claimants anyway so it really makes no difference.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • caroline2468
    reported changes as I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and gout arthritis just last year so I added it on the form as a new diagnosis?
  • poppy123456
    As i advised PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. I'm not even sure why you reported changes because you were receiving the highest award possible.
  • caroline2468
    I was I was just being honest and it has effected me in that I spend more days in bed and unable to use less items with my hands such as taps. All the previous issues I had I still have only now I spend more time in bed and it’s more difficult to use my hands. I explained all of this in my review form. Is it normal to have to do a f2f for a review?
  • poppy123456
    You already have Enhanced for both parts and this is the highest award possible, therefore there was no need to report changes for a worsening of condition or a diagnosis.

Yes, it's perfectly normal to have a face to face assessment because most people have them.
  • caroline2468
    Sorry for the confusion but ive read so many horror stories on how they have lowered a care component or lower rate disability because of a review. I was just being honest as to how I am affected by my new symptoms. Thank you for your help x
  • poppy123456
    No problem. You will always read the bad stories on any internet forum and very rarely the good ones.

May i ask when your current PIP award ends?
  • caroline2468
  • poppy123456
    April 2020

That will be a review but you said you reported a change of circumstances in a previous comment. A change of circumstances is when you ring DWP to report a change.

Anyway, regardless of all that the process is exactly the same and yes most people have face to face assessments whether it's first time claim or a review.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.