Suicide — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suicide

Options
Poppy12
Poppy12 Community member Posts: 66 Connected
I feel suicidal I feel this year will be bad for me and probably amongst others but I really feel like it's not going to end good with mental health issues the dwp will make me work I'd rather die i don't want that I can barely leave the house I don't want to be bullied 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Poppy12. I'm really sorry to read how much you're struggling at the moment. Do you have any support from friends and family at all, or have you spoken to your GP about how you're feeling? Are you engaged with any mental health support at the moment?

While we can signpost you to resources from Mind about tackling thoughts of suicide, if you're having these thoughts it's really important you speak to someone qualified and able to support you. Have you called Samaritans before on 116 123, or got in touch with the crisis text service Shout, which you can access by texting SHOUT to 85258?

As a pan-disability charity it's fair to say that our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people, but if it would help we would be more than willing to try and find you some local support. I'm going to email you with some more information, but if this is something you'd be interested in, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk

In the meantime, if you feel like you might be in immediate danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.