Crutches — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Crutches

Options
BlackStar77
BlackStar77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,

Just bought myself a pair of black cool crutches as the NHS moves way too slowly for me (ironically). I've got them for mobility and energy conservation due to ME and CFS. Does anyone else use them this way? Part of me still feels like I'm being overly dramatic.

Scott

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BlackStar77 and a very warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Sounds like you have some very cool crutches indeed! Where were they from?

What you have said makes perfect sense! I have used a wheelchair in the past for the same reasons and have a walking stick which can help with the same thing. If you benefit from using them and have more energy as a result then that's amazing! :)
    Scope

• BlackStar77
    BlackStar77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    The website is actually called Cool Crutches! Thanks for the response, it does feel like with chronic illness that I am constantly feeling around in the dark trying to do the best for my body...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've heard of them before! They do look really good. It sounds like you are doing a great job and are looking after yourself.

Please do have a look around and get involved with anything of the discussions that you find interesting. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.