Heres my movie collection, blurays, dvds, feel free to share your own collections - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heres my movie collection, blurays, dvds, feel free to share your own collections

Options

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,872 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    also won this Godzilla steel book movie on ebay for a fiver, can't grumble at those prices, a silly monster movie but i love them

• Grinchy
    Options
    Got another couple of steelbooks on the way, this pair was a last second bid on ebay, £1.29 with £3.20 postage, not a patch on Ray Harryhausen original movies but worth a watch

also got this in a trade, love the batman movies and Chris Nolans take on the character was really good, hoping to see the new movie this week, heard good things about it, and they shot parts of it here in Liverpool

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've heard the same about the new Batman film @Grinchy :) It's quite a long one, at just under 3 hours!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Well i went with my wife to see batman, sorry to say we walked out after an hour, just not my idea of batman at all, i'm sure it will do well, its very dark and gritty, but you need more than that to be a decent movie, shame as i was really looking forward to it
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Did another trade with a collector to get a few more steel books, 

getting quite the collection of steelbooks together, should keep me busy for a few hours
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh no @Grinchy, I'm sorry to hear that. I've definitely heard mixed reviews. I'm hoping to see it soon and I did have big expectations for it. Batman Begins is one of my favourite films, so I wanted this one to be just as good! 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    I love the batman series of films, i'm easily pleased, but this one just did nothing for me, i hope you enjoy it if you go,
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks @Grinchy, I'll let you know my feedback once I've watched it :)
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    I hope you enjoy it, well its my birthday this month, so the wife took pity on me and gave me some  cash to buy some more goodies, i chose a few steelbooks

they should be here soon, i'm enjoying this hobby of collecting steel books, been a bit down lately, can't put my finger on why, just one of those things i guess

• Grinchy
    Options
    Hi @Teddybear12, thanks, it does keep me busy, couple of weeks yet till my birthday, i'm sure there will be some cake, cheers!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Grinchy

I am glad to hear it keeps you busy! Happy birthday in advance from me too. As it is a couple of weeks away, you still have time to make lots of plans. What do you think you might enjoy doing for your birthday? Other than eating lots of mandatory cake of course  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thank you, we will go out for a drive no doubt and probably end up having a carvery our favourite, then a quiet night in and a movie, a perfect day,
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So its my birthday on Monday, and i had some cash so ordered a few more discs for the collection, first up close encounters, love the movie and the artwork on the steel book is cool, next up the dark night trilogy, i recently bought the dark night rises, but that was the USA version, this is new one is the uk version,

finally one of the planet of the apes movies, they have grown on me over the last few years, at first i was put off by the lack of actors in Ape makeup, but they are good

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Grinchy🎉 Are you up to anything nice? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks @Tori_Scope, yeah had a busy day, went out to see my nan earlier, she was in good spirits so that went well, then out for a carvery with my wife and Daughter, that was lovely, now having a few cans of beer and spending the rest of my birthday money online, cheers
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds like an lovely birthday @Grinchy! Mmmm you've made me hungry with that carvery talk :D 

If you buy anything cool with your birthday money, be sure to update us :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Options
    It was thank you, i bought a couple of sets, first up the Saw movie complete set of movies on bluray, daft movies but worth a watch

Next up the Stan and Ollie movie, saw it in the theatre, really enjoyed it, and cheap at under 3 pound delivered

Lastly an oldie but goodie, i remember this from the eighties, might be before your time, Supergran, a charming little series that used to run on a sunday, very nostalgic

• Grinchy
    Options
    So i did a trade with a fellow collector and got this coming in, spaceballs, a spoof of star wars and other scifi, very interesting, worth a watch if you like scifi and comedy

• Grinchy
    Options
    Here's another eBay find, flight of the navigator, an eighties movie, worth a watch if you haven't seen it

• Grinchy
    Options
    So i did a trade on one of the collector groups i am on and got a few new steelbooks coming in, first up the grinch who stole christmas, Jim carrey at his best, love the art work on this one, a german release with english disc

next up five mission impossible films in one set

next howard the duck, silly eighties movie, i like it though

Next up pacific rim, another action film, worth a watch

lastly Spectre a bond movie, its a simple cover but i like it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.