Can you write a poem?. - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you write a poem?.

Options

Comments

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @Justcheckingin15 how are you doing 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic poem@Sandy_123 I really enjoyed reading your poem keep up the fantastic work

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Thanks @Globster I just threw it together last night.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123, I'm doing good thanks, Cant wait for the Summer to arrive.🌞it's been a long winter.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Too long my shorts are ready to leave the wardrobe. Lol. Glad your doing ok
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    it's truly amazing how you were  able to put this poem together last  night it shows the wonderful talent that you have at@Sandy_123

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Night time is best time to write I think,  there no distractions and its chill out time also. I always write on the bed with TV in back ground.  Comfort. I can't sit at desks and focus. There's so e good poetry out there, Robert Burns, Shakespeare etc.  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love all the poems on here they are fab
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love all the poems too @lisathomas50. Do you have any favourites? I think they are all too wonderful to choose a favourite! Well done all, and thanks for continuing to share them with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi everyone I have a link to a short story competition for BBC radio 4. If anyone is interested. All the Info, word count etc is on the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4Z1gg8wqDRRThQJGS4VfhX8/how-to-enter
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Sandy_123 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I hope you are well @Sandy_123?
    Thank you for sharing with us @Sandy_123
    I hope you are putting something forward for the opportunity @Sandy_123?

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi @Globster I don't think I will be, my writing has took a step back, since I nearly got scammed. Dead line is march. Be a great opertunity for others, hope some one enters.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    I dont also cutting backing applies different opportunities I near found a position 

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I love creative writing (especially describing stuff in vivid detail) but haven’t written poetry since high school.

Which is funny because my Mum set up a local poetry group years ago. She loves Robert Burns. It’s always been in the background but I never showed an interest until now.

Here’s a small poem that I wrote this week.

Rain Finds Its Way

Weary clouds above unravelled

A deep sigh; for storm well travelled

Murmurs debate where next to lay

On canopies, rain finds its way.

• Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Atumn_Felling
    A fantastic poem  well done I enjoyed  reading it

• Globster
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    The wonderful poem I really was glorious reading your poem @Ross_Scope

• Sandy_123
    Options
    @Ross_Scope your a poet and you didn't know it.

Ha, well done more please

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.