Can you write a poem?. - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you write a poem?.

Options

Comments

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @Justcheckingin15 how are you doing 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic poem@Sandy_123 I really enjoyed reading your poem keep up the fantastic work

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Thanks @Globster I just threw it together last night.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123, I'm doing good thanks, Cant wait for the Summer to arrive.🌞it's been a long winter.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Too long my shorts are ready to leave the wardrobe. Lol. Glad your doing ok
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    it's truly amazing how you were  able to put this poem together last  night it shows the wonderful talent that you have at@Sandy_123

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Night time is best time to write I think,  there no distractions and its chill out time also. I always write on the bed with TV in back ground.  Comfort. I can't sit at desks and focus. There's so e good poetry out there, Robert Burns, Shakespeare etc.  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love all the poems on here they are fab
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love all the poems too @lisathomas50. Do you have any favourites? I think they are all too wonderful to choose a favourite! Well done all, and thanks for continuing to share them with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi everyone I have a link to a short story competition for BBC radio 4. If anyone is interested. All the Info, word count etc is on the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4Z1gg8wqDRRThQJGS4VfhX8/how-to-enter
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Sandy_123 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I hope you are well @Sandy_123?
    Thank you for sharing with us @Sandy_123
    I hope you are putting something forward for the opportunity @Sandy_123?

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi @Globster I don't think I will be, my writing has took a step back, since I nearly got scammed. Dead line is march. Be a great opertunity for others, hope some one enters.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    I dont also cutting backing applies different opportunities I near found a position 

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I love creative writing (especially describing stuff in vivid detail) but haven’t written poetry since high school.

Which is funny because my Mum set up a local poetry group years ago. She loves Robert Burns. It’s always been in the background but I never showed an interest until now.

Here’s a small poem that I wrote this week.

Rain Finds Its Way

Weary clouds above unravelled

A deep sigh; for storm well travelled

Murmurs debate where next to lay

On canopies, rain finds its way.

• Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Atumn_Felling
    A fantastic poem  well done I enjoyed  reading it

• Globster
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    The wonderful poem I really was glorious reading your poem @Ross_Scope

• Sandy_123
    Options
    @Ross_Scope your a poet and you didn't know it.

Ha, well done more please

Brightness