PIP 2022

treborsenoj
treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
edited December 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, Thank you for letting me part of this forum. Im very new to pip. I applied on the 13th September 2021. Had my telephone consultation on the 10th January 2022. On the 11th January 2022 I received a text saying they had received my report and it would be 8 weeks for a decision. Today (18/1) called for a copy of my assessment but she said they advised not to send it as decisions are often different. I asked how long the decision would be. She said we only received my report yesterday. I said that I had a text saying it was received last week. She said “sorry about that” but the decision will now be 2-4 weeks from the 17th January. Is anyone else any stories to share. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing
    Hi
    Based on many other threads here the waiting time for decision's is anything from 2-12 weeks. They will send the report before a decision's been made but this may not be a good idea if you already suffer with anxiety. It often causes even more anxiety which isn't going to help.
    Nothing more you can do until a decison's been made. Hopefully it won't be too long.
  • treborsenoj
    @poppy123456 thank you for taking the time to reply. Fingers crossed I will have a decision soon. Have a lovely day :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Hi @treborsenoj

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well. 

Thanks for sharing your experience, and I wish the very best for your outcome. 

Hopefully others will be able to share their experiences also, but I'm certain that many will be in a similar situation in that it has been a fair few months for their process too.

I hope you find the community to be a supportive and welcoming place, please feel free to have a browse of our other categories and get involved wherever you'd like.
  • treborsenoj
    @Ross_Scope thank you for the welcome and for your reply. I also hope that members who applied around September 2021 can share their experiences. Have a lovely day 😀
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thank you @treborsenoj, I will do my best to! I hope you have a good day as well :) 
  • treborsenoj
    @Ross_Scope it’s just so lovely to be part of a forum where everyone is so nice. Thank you again. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    No worries @treborsenoj, I'm glad you feel that way about the community.
  • treborsenoj
    I received a copy of my assessment today. I scored 10 for daily living and 4 for mobility. I thought the assessor seemed lovely and thorough at the time but the report contradicts this. Scoring 4 is a joke. I know this is only a recommendation to the DM will just have to wait for the decision letter. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello @treborsenoj as I mentioned in another thread:

I'm sorry to hear the report on your assessment was disappointing, but remember, the one that makes the final decision is the decision maker- as you say it's only a recommendation.

If you can, try to focus on other things for now, things you enjoy doing, or people you enjoy spending time with- that will help with the wait for the letter.

We're here to support you whatever happens, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need to.

Alex 
  • treborsenoj
    As anyone else applied in September 2021. Just wondered what stage you was at 😊
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi all I applied for pip 16/09/2021 and had my assessment 12/01/22 assessment 1hr 50 mins! I have not received a message to say they have received my report so my sister called today to check they have and the confirmed the received it 17/01/22 she said no desision has been made yet but to keep checking my bank ??? Which is odd and then said I should have a decision within 7-10 days has anybody else had an assessment around same time and had a decision. Thank you xxx
  • treborsenoj
    Hey @Bleulagoon, hope all is well with you. I applied 13/9, assessment on 10/1. Text received 11/1 saying that have my report. Rang 18/1 and they said 2-4 weeks. 

Having said that some of the members on here have been waiting much longer. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon. 

Big hugs 🤗 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi @bluelagoon the decisions are currently taking anything from 2 to 12 weeks so I doubt you will hear anything yet 

When you call helpline 8ts just an outsourced call centre so often the advice given isn't the best 

Claimants often get payment before they get the decision letter which is why they said check your bank but obviously you will only get a payment if the claim is successful 
  • treborsenoj
    @Bleulagoon seems like we applied within days of each other so will keep you updated. Although I read that it also depends on the area. I’m from South Yorkshire 
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    @treborsenoj I’m in Lancashire do you think I would be best ringing for the report so I can try work the points out thank you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Requesting the report isnt always the best idea as it can cause more anxiety and it is only a recommendation and not the actual decision so you still won't know the outcome by Requesting the report 
  • treborsenoj
    @janer1967 for me it didn’t cause any further anxiety but I understand it could or would for some of our fellow members. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    I am dreading all of this with benefits, i do not even know were to start never had to claim anything before, i presum i have to wait till my sick pay as finished. xx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited January 2022
    SueHeath said:...i presum i have to wait till my sick pay as finished. xx
    Not necessarily. Depending on your circumstances you may be eligible for UC while receiving sick pay. New style ESA can be claimed while receiving occupational sick pay I found your SSP entitlement has ended. PIP has nothing to do with work. If you want moreover advice probably best to start a new thread with more information about your circumstances.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing
    SueHeath said:
    I am dreading all of this with benefits, i do not even know were to start never had to claim anything before, i presum i have to wait till my sick pay as finished. xx

This is a thread regarding PIP, which isn't means tested. Whether you're entitled will depend on how your health conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. See links.
    New style ESA maybe possible, if you've paid the correct amount of NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years. If you're currently claiming SSP from your employer than you can't claim this at the same time. You can start a claim 3 months before the SSP ends and you will need your SSP1 form from your employer and a fit note from your GP. Once SSP ends the ESA payments will start.
    You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement to UNiversal Credit. If you live with a partner you claim as a couple. As it's a means tested benefit, if you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. You can report your health condition when claiming and send in fit notes from your GP. Any earnings you receive will reduce your UC by 55%.
    If you're claiming tax credits, a claim for UC will end that claim.